Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis or Conrad

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
St. Regis or Conrad

I will be in Singapore for 6 days. I am Diamond with Hilton and Platinum with Starwoods.Which is hotel is better, the St. Regis or the Conrad?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I'm also interested in comments on this subject. I'm Plat with SPG but nothing with Hilton - however the Conrad has fantastic rates on club level rooms for the night I will be in SIN. St. Regis was about USD $100 more.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:40 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Both great hotels. But very different. Different locations. Different clientelle.

Conrad is a true mature 4 star hotel in the Marina/Sunteck City district. Established and consistent, they are a fantastic hotel. The exec lounge is one of my favorite. Food and beverage options aren't prohibitively expensive.

St. Regis is a new 5 star hotel a few hunderd meters from the top of Orchard Rd. They are a higher class of hotel, but because they are new, still have a few bugs to iron out (ie. providing consistent service to all guests rather to only VIPs) More opulent, but that comes with very expensive dining and cocktail options.

It depends on your taste. If you want to be showered with 5 star service in a very fancy hotel in the Orchard area go for the St. Regis. If you're happy with a Great room, with a Great lounge, and are happy with the location, the Conrad rarely dissapoints.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:06 am

Conrad is an excellent place, if the location is ok with you (not close to Orchard Rd). But there is shopping, etc next door. And sean's comment on executive floors right on the mark....
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Thank you

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Both great hotels. But very different. Different locations. Different clientelle.

Conrad is a true mature 4 star hotel in the Marina/Sunteck City district. Established and consistent, they are a fantastic hotel. The exec lounge is one of my favorite. Food and beverage options aren't prohibitively expensive.

St. Regis is a new 5 star hotel a few hunderd meters from the top of Orchard Rd. They are a higher class of hotel, but because they are new, still have a few bugs to iron out (ie. providing consistent service to all guests rather to only VIPs) More opulent, but that comes with very expensive dining and cocktail options.

It depends on your taste. If you want to be showered with 5 star service in a very fancy hotel in the Orchard area go for the St. Regis. If you're happy with a Great room, with a Great lounge, and are happy with the location, the Conrad rarely dissapoints.
Thank you,seanthepilot for a great report...360guy
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Thanks from me as well. Unfortunately the decision has not been made any easier! Seems that they are both excellent properties. I'll probably go with the St. Regis for the extra SPG night/stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.