Wiki Posts
Search

First time long haul traveller - London to Sydney via Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:23 am
Original Poster

First time long haul traveller - London to Sydney via Singapore

Hey,

I'm flying back from Sydney to London and have 6 hours to spend in Singapore airport. I was thinking of booking the plaza lounge but have a few questions:

My flight is to terminal 3, but the lounge is in terminal 2, is it easy to get between the two?

Are towels/shower gels etc provided for the lounge showers?

How long before the connecting flight do I have to do back to terminal 3? Do I have to check in or go through security/immigration etc again?

Any other tips for making the travelling more bearable!?

Many thanks in advance,

graham
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
rugbygraham - Welcome to FlyerTalk. There is a free Skytrain connecting terminals 2 and 3. It is easy to transfer and you do not need to go through security/immigration again. I cannot comment on the plaza lounge. There is a Transit Hotel in each terminal which you can book for 6 hours, if you wish. SIN is a great airport to connect through. Further SIN information here:

www.changiairport.com
Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:49 am

I'd get out into the City for a few hours instead.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by rugbygraham
Are towels/shower gels etc provided for the lounge showers?
Yes.

How long before the connecting flight do I have to do back to terminal 3? Do I have to check in or go through security/immigration etc again?
No immigration needed. Check in at the transfer counters once you arrive and get your boarding pass, then you're free. Security is at the gate, so get there a little early (20 min is usually fine).

Any other tips for making the travelling more bearable!?
Changi just might be the most bearable airport on the planet. But as others have said, with 6 hours, you can easily nip into the city by taxi if you want.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Changi is a fine airport, but any airport for six hours is too long.

Take a transit tour, see a bit of the city, even better it is free. ^

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ee_sgtour.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.