Reload this Page >

Pre-paid SIM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-paid SIM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37

Question concerned SIM in Singapore: Does the SIM card expire (like in Malaysia) after a certain length of time unused?
The StarHub prepaid expires 6 months from last top up according to the guy who sold it to me at the currency exchange in Terminal 1 - Changi. The SMS received verified this.

I have no experience with SingTel's SIMs which I understand are available at 7-11 at the airport. The StarHub SIM was $S18 for $S22 talktime and free roaming activation. It worked in Indonesia, although later in my trip I bought an Indonesia prepaid SIM that had a 500 rupiah per minute rate to the U.S.

T-Mobile Singapore roaming rate is $1.49/minute
StarHub Green Prepaid within Singapore: 1st min 22, 8 per min# thereafter
Starhub Green Prepaid International: Local Prepaid call charges† plus prevailing IDD charges (StarHub IDD 008/018)
Using 018 is according to the terms listed here:

http://www.starhub.com/portal/site/M...00464114acRCRD

My analysis of the terms implies that the cost to (for example) the U.S. is $S.22/minute for the 1st minute and $S.08 thereafter.

T-Mobile International Roaming is Indonesia is $4.99/minute

What you recall is posted here in Post 3, Part 3, second paragraph

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...it-beyond.html

Last edited by opushomes; Apr 14, 2009 at 1:00 am
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Roaming where? How do you roam in Singapore with a Singapore SIM card?
Well, Singapore is a small place. When you go to JB for the day...that's roaming!

I think when you first activate yr service, you need to activate international roaming. Receiving SMS is free, even when roaming which is very useful.

I've had a StarHub SIM for 5 years, recharged during each visit.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:20 pm
Suspended

I asked
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Roaming where? How do you roam in Singapore with a Singapore SIM card?
Yopu answered
Originally Posted by abraxis
Well, Singapore is a small place. When you go to JB for the day...that's roaming!

I think when you first activate yr service, you need to activate international roaming. Receiving SMS is free, even when roaming which is very useful.

I've had a StarHub SIM for 5 years, recharged during each visit.
I am sure you know that JB is not in Singapore. SO that does not answer my question.

When in JB, I use a Malaysian SIM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 5:14 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Does anyone have any recommendations for a prepaid sim card for my iPhone? M1 has a prepaid broadband sim card which seems to work but I can't call or text on the same sim card.. I'd like to use 3G so a normal sim card which charges by kb isn't really an option.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:58 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Originally Posted by -DSH-
Does anyone have any recommendations for a prepaid sim card for my iPhone? M1 has a prepaid broadband sim card which seems to work but I can't call or text on the same sim card.. I'd like to use 3G so a normal sim card which charges by kb isn't really an option.
Anyone? Little over a week before I leave..
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
I think you're out of luck. The closest thing is the M1 prepaid 3G voice/data sim, but there's a 1.1 cent charge per kb for data.

M1 3G M Card SIM

Or, the other option is M1's DUO SIM, so you'd buy a 3G prepaid broadband card,and this duo sim to switch over to voice calls
M1 DUO Sim
Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:14 am

http://www.starhub.com/mobile/prepaidcards.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.