Wiki Posts
Search

3 Week Stay in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:00 am
Original Poster

3 Week Stay in Singapore

Hello Fellow Travelers,

My family lives in Vietnam. My wife is going to Singapore to give birth and will spend 3-4 weeks Mid november - beginning december before we have a house exchange. I am trying to find a good housing option. We looked at service flats and they are minimum 1 month, lonely feeling and expensive ($10K sing dollars). Hotels are a realistic option but we want a hotel that is fun on weekends, has some atmosphere and place where she can work from (she has her own startup). We have really enjoyed the Swissotel because of the slides around the pool (great for the kids) and someone suggested the Shangri La Santosa, however for 3-4 weeks the long term rate (i.e.>14 nights) is not great still $250 Sing dollars per night at a minimum.
Location is not super important closer to Hospital Mount Elizabeth the better but criteria are : 1) nice common areas (since pregnant she can't get out really) with some people, 2) comfortable rooms and nice service, 3) location not important, 4) under $200Sing per night, 5) great pool

We looked into renting a flat share but only found a 1 bedroom and her parents might come.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel
Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:54 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Great pool + < S$190/night doesn't seem to yield many options. A couple of thoughts:
--newly opened Treasure Resort on Sentosa (I don't have experience with this property)
--a cheaper hotel (see www.asiatravel.com for examples of available rates) and get a membership is, say, the Wild Wild Wet water park
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:45 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Unfortunately Mt E is in the heart of Orchard Rd and any hotels around there will be at full tourist prices...

My recommendation would be Changi Village Hotel. It has had a recent refit and is on the coast at Changi village which has a nice laid back atmosphere. But it has lost its de facto airport hotel status with the opening of the Crowne Plaza right next to T3 and to be honest I think they are suffering a bit..

Thats good news for your wife though, as room rates are now from around $150++ and may be able to get a better deal and more perks for a 2 or 3 week stay. Definately good value for money
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Serviced apartments like Lanson Place have a 1 week minimum.

Not exactly buzzing like a big hotel but they have a great location (especially for you) and the accommodation is top notch.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by rjh
Great pool + < S$190/night doesn't seem to yield many options. A couple of thoughts:
--newly opened Treasure Resort on Sentosa (I don't have experience with this property)
FYI, the "Treasure Resort" is just the ancient Sijori Resort with a new label slapped on top. It's old, musty and inconvenient, and the reviews on Tripadvisor are pretty murderous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.