Changing Airlines but stay airside in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.

Not sure where else to post this.

My freind wants to fly on Jetstar from MEL-SIN, then transfer to Etihad to JFK via Abu Dhabi, almost a day later.

He wants to spend til the morning in the transit hotel, then explore Singapore til his EY flight departs at 1950.

Obviously, he cant check his bags through to JFK. What can He do?

Am I right in saying he can get his bags, go back upstairs (airside) to a transfer desk and then proceed to the Transit Hotel, or is it not possible for him to use the hotel, and he must clear Customs?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by jetsetkiwi
Not sure where else to post this.

My freind wants to fly on Jetstar from MEL-SIN, then transfer to Etihad to JFK via Abu Dhabi, almost a day later.

He wants to spend til the morning in the transit hotel, then explore Singapore til his EY flight departs at 1950.

Obviously, he cant check his bags through to JFK. What can He do?

Am I right in saying he can get his bags, go back upstairs (airside) to a transfer desk and then proceed to the Transit Hotel, or is it not possible for him to use the hotel, and he must clear Customs?
You're right on some counts.

JetStar and Etihad both use Terminal 1. Unfortunately JetStar does not check through bags, and he can't check in for his Etihad flight a day before. EY does not have Early check in in Singapore.

He must therefore go through immigration, collect his bag, and exit customs. But unfortunately without the EY boarding pass, he will not allowed back into the terminal.

So the only ways are hotel at airport eg crowne plaza or hotel in the city.

Other scenario is to let his bag go round and round the carousel and then eventually it will go to lost and found. He stays at the airport hotel and only comes through to immigration and customs the next morning. At baggage hall, he goes to Lost and Found (of bags) to collect his bag. Then bring it through to arrivals hall. He may then store his bags at Left Luggage for a day (its about S$3), and then do the town. Via MRT if he wants to.

Upon his return, go to Left Luggage, pick up bags and then go to EY check in.

For more info: http://www.changiairport.com/
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Thanks for that Guy, Thought Etihad use T2 In Singapore now I think.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As this is not related to SQ (Singapore Airlines), I'll move the thread over to the Singapore destination forum.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.