Using airport transit hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using airport transit hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 8:49 am

transit hotel reservation

Emailed the transit hotel for reservations, and after 2 emails clearing up details, received a confirmation email. Whole process was comlete in 24 hours.^
Old Apr 5, 2009, 8:38 pm

Am I to understand there are 3 separate transit hotels? One for each terminal? Because I see different phone numbers and such on the Changi website when referring to the transit hotel, beside the different terminals.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The transit hotel is within the secured area. Are you sure you have to have an onward boarding pass to use it? I know people that have used it on arrival, then gone into town for a couple days (in order to avoid a more expensive hotel bill on the first short night).

And yes, I totally agree about booking the transit hotel in advance. They have an email address, but I generally find it more effective to call.
If you read restlessinRNO's post, you will realise that you misunderstood him completely.
1. He did not state that one needs an onward boarding pass to spend the night in the transit hotel.
2.What he did say was that, if one is land side and wants to use the transit hotel, one must have a BP so that you can get to air side.

Air side is a controlled area (after passport control), but it is not a secured area in the sense it is used in the U.S. There is security at your departure gate. The transit area between passport control and the gate is controlled but not secured. There is no point getting confiused and confusing others.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Just to be clear. I have done this many times without incident:

I book a ticket to SIN from the US somewhere. And separately buy a SIN-CGK ticket. I stay at the transit hotel.

What do I do with my luggage? Nothing!

The luggage is tagged to SIN, so it does spin around on the carousel for a while as I fall asleep in the transit hotel. But then when I wake up, a couple of hours prior to my CGK flight, I go to the transfer desk, show them my luggage tags, then the helpful attendant radios to the luggage people who then go look for my bags and dutifully tag them to CGK.

No harm, no foul, and no need to cross immigration or wait for my luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.