Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concert venue in Singapore...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Concert venue in Singapore...

One of my favourite bands will be playing in Singapore end of April (rock music, no classical music... ) and I'll do my best to be there at that time on my way to Bali...

The name of the venue/club where the gig will take place is not advertised yet. My estimation is that it could be a place with a capacity of 1,000/1,500 persons.

Does any seasoned Singaporean have a clue about a possible place?

Based on the fact that S'pore is not a very large town, I'd think that the venue will be located downtown, making it easier for the hotel selection, or do outdoor concerts take place sometimes ?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Probably Singapore Indoor Stadium
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:44 am
Original Poster

The place looks great but a bit large to me...
But when I see that Franz Ferdinand and Oasis will be playing soon there... the target seems to be the right one...

Thanks !
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:23 pm

Who's the band? I've got some friends in the sound biz here and they supply equip so I could nail it down for you
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:17 am
Original Poster

The band is Simple Minds.
The gig is announced in Singapore for end of April, but not the name of the venue...

So I have started re-organizing my travel plans to be in Singapore on that day, before heading to Bali...
Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:54 pm

Friends not involved so they don't know where it will be.

Indoor Stadium is most likely as Savage25 says, but maybe also Kallang Theatre or Max Pavillion
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at Kallang Theatre or Max Pavillion.

As a matter of fact, the band is scheduled to play in Hong Kong two days before Singapore and the selected venue is the Queen Elizabeth Indoor Stadium with a maximum capacity of 3,500 people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.