Singapore to Kuala Lumpur bus

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Singapore to Kuala Lumpur bus

Hi,

Does anyone know which bus service offers this:

For example, for SG$56(approx. US$33) one-way trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, you will see not more than 16 seats on the luxurious Super VIP coach. The spacious leather seat can be reclined back 75 degrees and has a built-in massager to relax your body during the bus journey. The LCD panel in front of each seat provides movies, music videos and video games entertainment - the level of comfort and service the rival even first class air travel.

source:http://www.myexpressbus.com/?source=...apore_malaysia

Many Thanks :-)
Old May 25, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: Star going on Oneworld
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hi,

Does anyone know which bus service offers this:
Well, according to your link, it seems TransStar Travel is the one...

http://www.transtar.com.sg/contact.php
Old May 26, 2005, 8:36 am

Odds are you're looking for this: http://www.plusliner.com.my/

The "NiCE Executive Coach" is as close as you'll get to First Class in a bus... although it's still not saying that much. First Class sleeper suite in the KTMB train is also an OK option, but don't expect decadent luxury and you have to be the type who doesn't mind train noise/motion as you sleep.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Odds are you're looking for this: http://www.plusliner.com.my/

The "NiCE Executive Coach" is as close as you'll get to First Class in a bus... although it's still not saying that much. First Class sleeper suite in the KTMB train is also an OK option, but don't expect decadent luxury and you have to be the type who doesn't mind train noise/motion as you sleep.
No, not quite. Since the introduction of the NiCE Executive Coach ,there are a few new players on the KUL-SIN-KUL route, with Aeroline operating a double-decker coach and NiCE introducing their own double-decker coach NiCE2.

There are further developments in the press over the last couple of weeks :

1) NiCE is replacing/has replaced their single-deck coach service with new coaches named NiCE++

2) A new service (single deck) with only 16 seats and personal TV monitor (attached to your own seat and not the seat in front) was advertised but unfortunately I cant remember the name of the company, possibly Transtar.

I cant say for sure whether its Transtar but I will post to confirm if I spot the advertisement again in the local press.

Last edited by mario33; May 29, 2005 at 4:27 am
Old May 26, 2005, 12:08 pm

Or you can fly from SIN to KUL oneway on Qatar Airways for around S$80. Return for S$120.
Old May 26, 2005, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mario33
No. Since the introduction of the NiCE Executive Coach ,there are a few new players on the KUL-SIN-KUL route, with Aeroline operating a double-decker coach and NiCE introducing their own double-decker coach NiCE2.

There are further developments in the press over the last couple of weeks :

1) NiCE is replacing/has replaced their single-deck coach service with new coaches named NiCE++

2) A new service (single deck) with only 16 seats and personal TV monitor (attached to your own seat and not the seat in front) was advertised but unfortunately I cant remember the name of the company, possibly Transtar.

I cant say for sure whether its Transtar but I will post to confirm if I spot the advertisement again in the local press.
Thanks, that would be extremely helpful :-)
Old May 26, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WildRice
Or you can fly from SIN to KUL oneway on Qatar Airways for around S$80. Return for S$120.
Do you know where I can get this price. Websites like www.misatravel.com are selling it for S$102 + tax of around S$75 (ow) - quite expensive

Also QR doesnt operate on the 11th August, the only day I can fly... and I need to make a connection leaving KUL at 1230pm. This makes my options:

Bus, Train, UL, SQ, MH.. all the airlines with fares close to S$200

Thanks for all your help though :-)
Old May 26, 2005, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Do you know where I can get this price. Websites like www.misatravel.com are selling it for S$102 + tax of around S$75 (ow) - quite expensive

Also QR doesnt operate on the 11th August, the only day I can fly... and I need to make a connection leaving KUL at 1230pm. This makes my options:

Bus, Train, UL, SQ, MH.. all the airlines with fares close to S$200

Thanks for all your help though :-)

I got that through my TA but I only go to them because my aunt works there. But the QR fare can be had LOWER at www.zuji.com.sg

There it's only as low as S$76 oneway or $110 return for QR... amongst others. The 2 fares on QR is based on different booking classes I think..

And the tax is high due to Singapore departure tax plus fuel surcharges..
Old May 27, 2005, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

I got that through my TA but I only go to them because my aunt works there. But the QR fare can be had LOWER at www.zuji.com.sg

There it's only as low as S$76 oneway or $110 return for QR... amongst others. The 2 fares on QR is based on different booking classes I think..

And the tax is high due to Singapore departure tax plus fuel surcharges..
It turns out the 1st fare is low season and 2nd is high season

www.zuji.com.sg is a great site, i found some good deals

Many Thanks

Sadiq
Old May 29, 2005, 4:30 am
Suspended

Well, according to your link, it seems TransStar Travel is the one...

http://www.transtar.com.sg/contact.php
Looks like WildRice is correct, the above website is working again and shows a picture of the interior.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Why not trot over to JB and take the Air Asia or MH flight from there ?

Do it with MH and the bus costs SGD12 to JHB from the Copthorne. If you can get the online 50% discount deal, an MH ticket is about MYR90.

That way you wont have to get yourself out to Sepang from downtown
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:03 pm

My 2 Cents

So may I offer an alternative. I don't know how you are with time restrictions. My GF and I took the bus from Singapore to KL (apparently it's one of those 1st class, lux coach in the beginning of the thread). It was nice, one only two seats per row (one seat on each side of the isle only). That was okay, if you don't want human contact with anyone for 5 hours. It's too far to lean over and talk to my GF (seperated by the isle) and the bus is too small to yell. It was ~$50 SGD per person each way. We did get movies/video games on demand and a bento box though.

The other option is the first class train (from KL to Singapore was ~$75 SGD) overnight. However, if you take the train from Singapore to KL, the same route will be ~$120 SGD; don't ask me why...it's like only charge toll going in one direction of the bridge.

The train was overnight and had 2 foldaway beds on top of each other. I wanted to re-enact some scenes from a movie and fool around on the private quarter. Let's just say the train was very clean by Malaysian Standards (but not by Western standards). It was certainly an experience and no there weren't enough space. However, it was certainly an experience I'll remember for a long time. The train-ride took 8 hours (22:00 to 08:00) and the train station in Singapore was pretty cool (older traditional building).

So my suggestion would be (if you want to do what I did) take the coach/bus from Singapore to KL; when you get to KL, buy the train ticket at the station, then take the train back to Singapore.

W.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, great idea.

Ill put it into serious consideration
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:10 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I'd concur with the suggestions about taking the bus from SIN-KUL, rather than worrying about flying. If you take any of the VIP or Executive Class buses they'll go via the Second Link out of Singapore, rather than across the causeway and through JB. Total travel time can be as low as 4-4.5 hours, depending on how quickly the driver zips up the Lebuh Raya, and of course the joys of traffic in KL itself.

Given that you don't have to get to the bus departure area until about 15 minutes before departure, and then you end up in the city centre as well, the time difference isn't that significant over the flying option. Plus you'll get yourself a nice comfy seat too, so it's all good! As already mentioned, there's plenty of decent options available for buses, it would be my preference.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you want to get to the airport (KUL), you'll still have to get back out of the city and retrace the journey back to Sepang - a loooooong trip at the best of times, and a significant cost on a bus-fare budget. Also a bit of mare with bags and the bus-station taxi mafia.

The bonus of the flight option is checking in the bags at the Malaysian counter in downtown Singapore. They should be able to do a through baggage tag.

But if it really IS downtown KL you want, the bus should be fine.

But, hey, different strokes for different folks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.