Wiki Posts
Search

Train

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2001, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Train

Hi

Can anyone tell me if you are free to catch the train between Changi Terminals 2 & 1 if you do not have a connecting flight.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 12:02 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Of course it is free. the train only takes about 2 minutes and you can also just walk to the end of gate E 25 and connect with D 40. That is faster because you do not have to wait for the train.

Enjoy the worlds most efficient airport!
Old Jul 15, 2001, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Now if they would only have a train to the city...
Old Jul 16, 2001, 3:39 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
The train to the city will run soon ,it already reaches Singapore Expo now. This is however not really an option, unless you are on holiday. Reaching Orchard Station will require 2 transfers and take about an hour. Taxi is a better option, more expensive though, the train is virtually free (less then US$1)
Old Jul 16, 2001, 3:47 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by miles4all:
Of course it is free. </font>

I meant "are you allowed" to catch the train if you do not have a connecting flight.

Anyways, my flights were delayed so unfortunately, once again, I didn't get a chance to check out T1

!MD!
Old Jul 16, 2001, 2:40 pm

definitely, anyone is free to take the train if they want to, whether or not they have a flight to catch, and yes, it is free of charge too. there are quite a few singaporean families who like to hang around the airport as a form of weekend entertainment too.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 1:54 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by miles4all:
The train to the city will run soon</font>
any time frame for this statement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.