Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

What do you recommend for one-day trip at Singapore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:29 am
Original Poster

I mean I have one full day. I plan to arrive at Singapore around 4 p.m. Day 1, have full Day for day 2, and return trip around 3 p.m. Day 3. Any "must see" places you would recommend? (This is by myself)

I also plan to make a family trip with children, 4 days 3 nights, any family must-do places in Singapore you would recommend?

Also, which luxury hotel in Singapore do you recommend for my solo trip and family trip?

Thanks in advance. I find the advices on FlyerTalk way better than any other websites.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ABC Traveler
I mean I have one full day. I plan to arrive at Singapore around 4 p.m. Day 1, have full Day for day 2, and return trip around 3 p.m. Day 3. Any "must see" places you would recommend? (This is by myself)

I also plan to make a family trip with children, 4 days 3 nights, any family must-do places in Singapore you would recommend?

Also, which luxury hotel in Singapore do you recommend for my solo trip and family trip?

Thanks in advance. I find the advices on FlyerTalk way better than any other websites.
We always stay at the Four Seasons but that is because we prefer to be in the Orchard area. Do you have a preference for what kind of area do you want to be in? Orchard is great for walking, shopping, etc.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by ABC Traveler

Gosh - that's a big ask!

What floats your boat, wildlife, animals generally, (day zoo and night zoo) birds (feathered), seeing an rural part with old houses (with bum boat ride), universal studios, shopping, cocktails, food courts, guided tour through red light area, non guided tour through red light area, (actually we live there, its fairly harmless), monitor lizards in the wild, otters in the wild, WW2 museums, cultural museums, hikes, gardens, orchids, interesting restaurant suggestions, cable cars, (the list can go on).

As for luxury hotel, there's an endless supply, I'd just decide on budget and look on Trivago, public transport is first rate - including the buses, can suggest apps if you're doing public transport.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi ,

Just to start

Gardens by the Bay
Marina Bay sands observation deck
National botanic garden ( inc orchid garden)
Marina
Museums
Clark Quay
Universal studios

Jewel at Changi airport

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:09 pm

What time of year? Heat could be an issue.

Eat like a hobbit and fill in time between meals with sightseeing. Hawker centers, Tigerlilly Pastries, Beach Road Prawn Noodle, Long Beach Seafood (although not good as a solo diner), Nouri, Habibisan, 2am dessert bar, Candlenut.
  • Breakfast - 7 a.m.
  • Second Breakfast - 9 a.m.
  • Elevenses - 11 a.m.
  • Luncheon - 1 p.m.
  • Afternoon Tea - 3 p.m.
  • Dinner - 6 p.m.
  • Supper - 9 p.m.
kevincrumbs likes this.

Last edited by skitraveler; Mar 28, 2024 at 8:16 am
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Museums: history of Singapore, big Asian culture museum, art museum (lots of local contemporary art) and its annex. The history and art museums are within walking distance of each other, near the Singapore Management University urban campus.

The cathedral.

Mosques.

Temples.

Chinatown and its historic buildings.

Raffles Hotel. Also the Fullerton Hotel in the historic post office building; while you're there, check out the iconic lion symbol of Singapore.
moretimeoffguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.