Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Flying from Singapore to Bali? (and general SIN questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

I was hoping to take American and JAL RDU-HND-SIN-DPS (cruise) - SIN-HND-RDU. I did a quick search for "AA" or "all airlines" but can't find anything. Am I just not doing it right or does AA not have a partner that flies between these two airports? I'm looking for one way because we're on a cruise.

Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Probably going to have a hard time getting that to price on AA.com. You could try google flights segment by segment and then selecting oneworld only as the airlines. I've had success with complex itineraries like that using Google flights. Other option would be to call AA reservations or booking part of that on a separate ticket. The only partner that will come close to flying SIN-DPS will be MH with a stop in KUL.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:02 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zitsky
I was hoping to take American and JAL RDU-HND-SIN-DPS (cruise) - SIN-HND-RDU. I did a quick search for "AA" or "all airlines" but can't find anything. Am I just not doing it right or does AA not have a partner that flies between these two airports? I'm looking for one way because we're on a cruise.

Thank you.
Are you searching for an award or cash ticket. I get results, but I'm not specifically seeing that itinerary you desire. Have you tried using ITA matrix?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS

Thank you.
As noted something like that is not going to price out at aa.com. While AA does have partners that serve all of those destinations, that is way too complex of an itinerary for aa.com (most notably the SIN-DPS portion, which would only be available on MH with a connection in KUL).

Your best bet is going to be to purchase a RDU-SIN roundtrip, then just buy a one-way SIN-DPS. Personally I would forget about trying to take an AA partner for that segment (see above re: required connection in KUL) and just buy a nonstop on SQ or another LCC.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

I appreciate the advice. It's a cash ticket. I have no status on American Airlines. I am a little surprised that there is no way to get from SIN-DPS on one World. I didn't think it was that complicated. I've not been there before. Does AA or one World have any interline agreements with anyone that might go to DPS? Is MH Malaysian Airlines?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I appreciate the advice. It's a cash ticket. I have no status on American Airlines. I am a little surprised that there is no way to get from SIN-DPS on one World. I didn't think it was that complicated. I've not been there before. Does AA or one World have any interline agreements with anyone that might go to DPS? Is MH Malaysian Airlines?
MH is Malaysian Airlines
OW does not serve every airport pair in the world. Nor does Skyteam or Star Alliance
DPS is very much a LCC destination.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngurah...tional_Airport
A map from the Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper
DPS SIN about a 2:30 hr flight

Why asking about "interline agreements"? Wanting bags transferred to another separate flight (SIN-DPS?
MH maybe an option, but not all airlines transfer bags on separate tickets (AA & BA do not for example). Would plan on having a lot of time at SIN to transfer flights.
JJeffrey, etiene and ovacikar like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 15, 2024 at 3:07 pm
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Is there some specific reason that you want to connect in SIN also on the outbound? If your goal is to get to DPS as quickly/easily as possible then there's no reason to go through SIN if you're trying to stay on oneworld carriers. SIN is not a oneworld hub so it's not surprising at all that no oneworld carrier serves SIN-DPS nonstop.

For example both QR and CX also serve DPS from DOH & HKG. It should be easy to book an open jaw like RDU-XXX-HKG-DPS, then SIN-HKG-XXX-RDU, all on the same reservation on AA/CX. Same for AA/QR, just substitute DOH for HKG.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
I just flew this flight from SIN - DPS in late December. As mentioned, there was no One World flight other than Malaysia with a stop - completely not worth it. Just book it on Singapore Airlines. It's a pretty short flight and most of the Singapore Airlines flights are 787s. Even in coach, we got a hot meal. Service was excellent and the flight was not that crowded, even over the Christmas break. You can also fly Scoot, which is the Singapore Airlines low cost carrier.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:38 pm

SQ has a good schedule DPS-SIN nonstop. OW and miles earnings are so not worth it. Biz fares are reasonable to boot.

Sadly, Bali resembles Cancun more than the charm it used to have.
abk likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davecraze
I just flew this flight from SIN - DPS in late December. As mentioned, there was no One World flight other than Malaysia with a stop - completely not worth it. Just book it on Singapore Airlines. It's a pretty short flight and most of the Singapore Airlines flights are 787s. Even in coach, we got a hot meal. Service was excellent and the flight was not that crowded, even over the Christmas break. You can also fly Scoot, which is the Singapore Airlines low cost carrier.
Thanks for this. I would appreciate it if you could tell me, are you from Singapore? If not, what airline did you fly in on. Did you need to transfer luggage? If so, what was that like?

For anyone asking we’re trying to connect to a Celebrity cruise starting in Denpasar Bali, Indonesia on January 2, 2025 ending in Singapore, January 14, 2025.

We don’t care how we get there. Several airlines are selling round trip business at $4500 per person.

We will consider any and all options. I prefer business class.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Even though there was no DPS-SIN oneworld option that was nonstop, I booked a one-way on SQ and it was great! Excellent service on widebody 787 too!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for this. I would appreciate it if you could tell me, are you from Singapore? If not, what airline did you fly in on. Did you need to transfer luggage? If so, what was that like?

For anyone asking we’re trying to connect to a Celebrity cruise starting in Denpasar Bali, Indonesia on January 2, 2025 ending in Singapore, January 14, 2025.

We don’t care how we get there. Several airlines are selling round trip business at $4500 per person.

We will consider any and all options. I prefer business class.
No, I am from Dallas. We spent a week in sinpagore then Christmas in Bali. I actually cheated on American Airlines and flew United Polaris from SFO nonstop to Singapore. It was surprisingly good.

There is also a Cathay Pacific from lax to hong Kong to DPS you may want to consider - it’s one world.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:41 pm

On one world I find going thru Hong Kong on Cathay the easiest leaving from either nyc or Bos, if I go thru sin I usually take the non stop out of Newark, your other option is thru sfo on United, I happen to sleep well on planes so opt for longer flights and less connections, prior to covid I liked Cathay better post covid I like sin better, United runs a perfectly fine flight

you can also go thru Dubai
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
Get a return flight to Singapore and then buy a separate one way flight to Bali. It's not a long flight. There are probably Singapore airlines or Tiger or Scoot direct flights. There are no One World airlines which fly between Singapore and Bali - Malaysian Airlines via KL probably the most obvious indirect route but for a short hop just get something convenient.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
You don't seem to actually want to stop in Singapore, so why the routing? As mentioned, you'll have a much easier time sticking to oneworld if you ditch the connection in SIN. Alternatively as suggested, buy a return to SIN and a separate SIN-DPS - many LCCs, SQ and I think KL operate that as a tag-on which is bookable on its own. Tortured routings can be necessary for award travel, but mostly make cash travel harder than necessary.
FAA1996 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.