Wiki Posts
Search

Self Transfer at SIN

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Self Transfer at SIN

Hi all,

I've recently booked a flight from SFO to SIN, self connecting to go to Koh Samui (USM). I am wondering if we will be able to make the self-connection. Itinerary is as follows:
SFO - SIN via Singapore J Class, departing 9:05 AM arriving 7:05 PM at SIN.
SIN - USM via Bangkok Air departing 8:10 PM arriving 9:15 PM.
Notable information:
- Not checking bags, carry-on only.
- Based on flight history, the SFO-SIN flight (SQ 31) is routinely delayed during November, when we travel, but the flight also routinely arrived early last year, sometimes up to an hour and a half early.
My question is, is it even possible for us to make it? Will we have to go through immigration once we land, and restart the entire departure process? We aren't afraid of running, but it also won't destroy the trip if we miss the flight. Unfortunately, this was our only option. At this point, we either make it in time for the flight to USM, or we lose a reservation night and show up early the next day. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks all!
Old May 9, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
From which terminal is the SIN-USM? SFO-SIN usually arrives at T3. It is practically/theoretically possible to get from T3 to T2 and T1 max in 25 min, so it should be fine, assuming that you check in online and you have BP.

If the flight is in T4 and/or you don't have BP on hands, consider that you will miss the flight.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
From which terminal is the SIN-USM? SFO-SIN usually arrives at T3. It is practically/theoretically possible to get from T3 to T2 and T1 max in 25 min, so it should be fine, assuming that you check in online and you have BP.

If the flight is in T4 and/or you don't have BP on hands, consider that you will miss the flight.
Looks like T1: https://www.singapore-airport.net/ch...angkok-airways

Suppose that’s good for us if everything goes “as planned,” thanks for pointing that out. I’ve never been through Changi so that’s very helpful.
Old May 10, 2023, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by All I do is swipe
Suppose that’s good for us if everything goes “as planned,” thanks for pointing that out. I’ve never been through Changi so that’s very helpful.
That assumes you can check in online and have a boarding pass on you before you board that flight to Singapore. If you have to enter Singapore landside, you can forget about it.
Old May 10, 2023, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hdogan
That assumes you can check in online and have a boarding pass on you before you board that flight to Singapore. If you have to enter Singapore landside, you can forget about it.
Bangkok Air allows for online check in and BP issuance, so I should be good. My question is, though, with the flights on separate itineraries, will I have any issues at the gate departing SFO or arriving at SIN? Even if I stay airside?
Old May 10, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by All I do is swipe
Bangkok Air allows for online check in and BP issuance, so I should be good. My question is, though, with the flights on separate itineraries, will I have any issues at the gate departing SFO or arriving at SIN? Even if I stay airside?
Are you legally entitled to enter Singapore? You will probably need to fill in the Arrival card online (even though you won't use it).
Old May 12, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by hdogan
You will probably need to fill in the Arrival card online (even though you won't use it).
On UA SFO-SIN last month, I was able to get a BP via OLCI and did not have to show evidence of arrival card submission.
kenpen1 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:05 pm

which airline where you connecting to? I'm curious because we are also Doing SFO-SIN with United then going to Singapore Airlines on a seperate ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.