Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Using VFTF and single entry visa on the same trip

Old Oct 2, 18, 4:47 pm
kb9
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards, AI Flying Returns, JetPrivilege, King Club, QR Privilege Club

Hello! Iím an Indian citizen with a green card residing in New York. Iím planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia shortly. Based on checking route options and airfare, the best option seems to be to fly to Singapore, then to KL, spend a few days in KL, before flying back to Singapore catch my return flight to the US. (NYC-SIN-KUL-SIN-NYC)

In anticipation of this, I applied for a Singapore visit visa through a local contact and was granted a single journey visa. My conundrum is whether I can return to Singapore from Malaysia to catch my return flight, if I use up the single entry visa upon arriving in SG.

My questions:

1. Can I use a VFTF on my return leg if the single entry visa is used on the onward leg?
2. If the answer to above is No, should I consider booking a flight to KUL immediately upon arrival at SIN? So I donít have to pass through immigration

Last resort would be to fly NYC-KUL-SIN-NYC. The fares and airline options arenít as attractive as buying a round trip to SIN, hence Iím exploring the questions above.

Thanks very much!
Old Oct 28, 18, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by kb9 View Post
Hello! Iím an Indian citizen with a green card residing in New York. Iím planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia shortly. Based on checking route options and airfare, the best option seems to be to fly to Singapore, then to KL, spend a few days in KL, before flying back to Singapore catch my return flight to the US. (NYC-SIN-KUL-SIN-NYC)

In anticipation of this, I applied for a Singapore visit visa through a local contact and was granted a single journey visa. My conundrum is whether I can return to Singapore from Malaysia to catch my return flight, if I use up the single entry visa upon arriving in SG.

My questions:

1. Can I use a VFTF on my return leg if the single entry visa is used on the onward leg?
2. If the answer to above is No, should I consider booking a flight to KUL immediately upon arrival at SIN? So I donít have to pass through immigration

Last resort would be to fly NYC-KUL-SIN-NYC. The fares and airline options arenít as attractive as buying a round trip to SIN, hence Iím exploring the questions above.

Thanks very much!
You probably can use the VFTF option. See Singapore Immigration website.
https://www.ica.gov.sg/enteranddepar...ng_before_vftf

Search this Thread