Search

Non-SQ Business Class check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Non-SQ Business Class check-in

I know at least Terminal 1 has a separate business class check-in lounge that's run for a few airlines. I've used it for Xiamen and China Southern or Eastern (not sure which). This is where you can sit down and "take a load off" while they process your check-in.

Do T2 and T3 also have a similar business class check-in lounge at the back of the check in desks? Or do you check-in with the airline at the normal check-in rows?

Specifically I'm flying CI next week and just wondering if there's a sit down business class check-in area or not.

Thanks,
RM
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:26 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No such checkin lounge for all the airlines that I've flown out of T2/T3 even when they do have at other airports. Never flown CI so don't know but would be surprised if they do. That said, I've never had check-in take more than 2 or 3 minutes so hardly a need for sitting down.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
That said, I've never had check-in take more than 2 or 3 minutes so hardly a need for sitting down.
I completely agree. I think it takes longer to walk to the back of the terminal and find an agent to help you than it is to go to the regular check-in counter. Only once did it actually save me time.

I was just curious if other terminals had this feature. I don't actually sit down when they ask me to because I think it speeds up the check-in process.

I'll report back if I find one in T3 tomorrow.

-RM
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I completely agree. I think it takes longer to walk to the back of the terminal and find an agent to help you than it is to go to the regular check-in counter. Only once did it actually save me time.

I was just curious if other terminals had this feature. I don't actually sit down when they ask me to because I think it speeds up the check-in process.

I'll report back if I find one in T3 tomorrow.

-RM
There isn't in T3
In T2 the only thing you will find it is the SQ Suites check in room at the rear wall for pax flying to CGK for example.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There isn't in T3
In T2 the only thing you will find it is the SQ Suites check in room at the rear wall for pax flying to CGK for example.
And I didn't find one in T3 this morning

CI check-in is all the way at the end of T3 (door 8 / row 11) so even if there was a separate business class check-in, it would have been down around row 2 or 3. I walked the "back corridor" before departure immigration just to check it out as I had time to spare. No check-in as reported.

I didn't have to wait more than 15 seconds for an agent to assist me. She even let me "come around" and check the screen as I asked for a seat change on my connecting flight. Dnata seems to have very nice agents. Most of the airlines I use at Changi are serviced by SATS.

-RM
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:48 am

The specific business class check-in counter at the back is T1 is manned by SATS and hence used only by SATS-managed airlines.

There used to be 1 in T2 also run by SATS near Row 5, but I don't see it anymore on the map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.