Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dim Sum on the fly at Changi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Dim Sum on the fly at Changi

I have a 2 ½ hour connection (MI to QR) with luggage, at noon on Sunday. Any chance to eat dim sum on the fly? Sometimes you just have to have it. Know what I mean?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:48 am

Unfortunately you're in the wrong place, you should have picked a transit in HKG.

That said, Crystal Jade does an approximation of dim sum, although personally I'd go for the misleadingly named Soup Restaurant's Peranakan Chinese delicacies. Both are T2 landside, and assuming you're already checked in for your connecting flight, a 2.5-hour transfer should give you plenty of time to pop in for a bite.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Unfortunately you're in the wrong place, you should have picked a transit in HKG.

That said, Crystal Jade does an approximation of dim sum, although personally I'd go for the misleadingly named Soup Restaurant's Peranakan Chinese delicacies. Both are T2 landside, and assuming you're already checked in for your connecting flight, a 2.5-hour transfer should give you plenty of time to pop in for a bite.
Grazie. Soup looks interesting. Still needing char siu, though.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:55 am

That said, Crystal Jade does an approximation of dim sum
It's not HK but it isn't that bad either. Worth a visit and you can still try the other shop after snacking at crystal jade
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

SQ has some in their lounge if you have access.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
SQ has some in their lounge if you have access.
Grazie. I'm relegated to the dreadful Dnata lounge in T3 (flying Qatar J). Any bao places in the food courts?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by chefdg1
Grazie. I'm relegated to the dreadful Dnata lounge in T3 (flying Qatar J). Any bao places in the food courts?
Don't take the baos in the food courts as the quality isn't that great.

The dim sum options are not the best, but they'll do - Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert in Terminal 3 after immigration.

http://www.changiairport.com/shoppin...&shop=&search=
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ319
Don't take the baos in the food courts as the quality isn't that great.

The dim sum options are not the best, but they'll do - Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert in Terminal 3 after immigration.

http://www.changiairport.com/shoppin...&shop=&search=
Fantastic. Perfectly situated and char siu bao. My search has ended. Grazie to everyone.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chefdg1
Remember that QR is now in oneworld - not sure if any of the other lounges are better???

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...than-qantas-ba

Suggests that the CX lounge does offer Dim Sum. It will take a little while to get over to T1, but it's walkable or there's a train. Infact, does MI still use T2? If so, you could walk right the way round & drop in to the CX lounge as you pass it?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
If you want BBQ pork in a more local style I might recommend wonton mee over char siu bao..all the food courts should have it. It is served dry and with char siu and is only vaguely similar to the HK version..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.