Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How quick is immigration on arrival in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:18 am
Original Poster

How quick is immigration on arrival in SIN

How efficient in Immigration for EU nationals in SIN?

Would planning about an hour to an hour and a half be enough?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat
usually takes me 10 minutes. it's really efficient over there... don't see it ever taking more than 30 minutes.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by moeve

The most time I've ever spent entering Singapore is 5-6 mins, usually 2-3.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold

In my dozens of trips I would say 1.5 hours would be enough time to clear immigration, get my bags, clear customs, grab a taxi, go to my hotel, check-in, and go the bar and get a cold beer. Only one time did I have to wait about 12-15 minutes otherwise it is always 2-3 minutes at most.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: QF WP
There was once when the wheels literally fell off the SIN customs, which took me about 30mins. However, the general average is about 2 - 5 mins, and, if you have to wait 15mins, it can be considered as a bad day.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:31 am
Uli

you can always book jetquay if you want a guaranteed time. they will get you by buggy to their own terminal and clear immigration there for you in less than 30 secs.
but the buggy ride might sometimes take longer than regular immigration. anyway, you can be 100% sure to never need more than 15 minutes from leaving aircraft door to stepping into your hotel or jetquay limo.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:23 am
Original Poster

WOW are you guy serious?? I am only an eco pax!

Gosh if that is really true I will probably never want to go back to the US immigrations and customs.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
In T2 or T3 I've never had or seen a long queue that would take more than 10 mins. In T1 I have seen longer queues when 2 QF A380s and a 747 each from BA and QF have somehow managed to converge on SIN in a short window. But anything longer than 30 minutes would be a trigger for a national enquiry.

I'll go one up on SNA1K, once when my luggage didn't make a connection at LHR to SIN, in a hour and half I have cleared immigration, gone home, showered, packed some new luggage and returned to the airport, checked in, passed back through immigration and into the lounge waiting for my connecting flight to MEL......
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Gosh if that is really true I will probably never want to go back to the US immigrations and customs.
For that you WILL need to get in line.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

It really depends on the time of day/night that you are arriving...

There are 3 terminals in Singapore Changi Airport. Each terminal has two immigration exits with about 12-15 counters. The officers are friendly and there are even candies on the counter for you to take!

When 2-3 A380s and 747s arrive at the same time, you will be in a queue. I have been in a queue for sometimes over an hour if a few aircrafts land at the same time.

But generally, even if you exit with the economy class passengers, you will never spend more than 20 mins in a queue and by the time you reach the luggage belt, your bag would most likely be there.

Only thing to remember is that if you are carrying cigarettes even if you bought them duty free, they are taxed in Singapore and it is best if you declare them at Customs.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:49 am
Original Poster

good tip thank you - going to bet at least one of the group will still be smoking by then.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
When 2-3 A380s and 747s arrive at the same time, you will be in a queue. I have been in a queue for sometimes over an hour if a few aircrafts land at the same time.
If this happens, usually the queues fill up the immigration hall, almost all the way back to the escalators. If that is the case, it may well be worth seeking out the immigration at the opposite end of the same terminal (5 min walk), thankfully I have never encountered this.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is not related to SQ, but to SIN airport. I am moving the thread to the SIN forum.

cxfan1960
SQ Mod
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
The most time I've ever spent entering Singapore is 5-6 mins, usually 2-3.
+ 1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:27 pm

I've quite recently started flying into SIN and right now given the snow here, I much rather be at Boat Quay.

Anyway, the longest I spent before getting to the taxi queue was 10 - 15 mins, cos I think a few jumbos unloaded luggage/pax together or something.

the fastest was abt 2-3 mins and I was at the taxi ranks which work fast too.

The city itself is not too far from the airport, i guess a 20 mins cab ride.
There is a train system from Airport to the city but I have yet to try that though.

so 30 mins is plenty enough by SIN stds.

enjoy your stay and pls obey the laws over there, they are strict abt that.

All the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.