Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK-SIN Cost in Business

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:44 am
Original Poster

BKK-SIN Cost in Business

What is a good fare between BKK-SIN in business during March & what carrier would you recommend? Thank you.

Last edited by here; Sep 26, 2011 at 4:45 am Reason: add month
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
I know it's not helping much, but you just missed a great TG J oneway fare for BKK-SIN, which was available until some days ago. It was ~5000 Baht for a fully flexible ticket. There is a thread somewhere at miles&points section.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toconaur
I know it's not helping much, but you just missed a great TG J oneway fare for BKK-SIN, which was available until some days ago. It was ~5000 Baht for a fully flexible ticket. There is a thread somewhere at miles&points section.
That would have been nice!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
TG does run fare sales from time to time. CX also has decent fares, though in my experience you only get a deal if you buy roundtrip. For example, I've seen one-ways at around $500 BKK-SIN in J, but throw in the return SIN-BKK and the fare only goes up to about $630. CX runs both ways around mid-day, the middle segment of overlapping triangle routes HKG-SIN-BKK-HKG and HKG-BKK-SIN-HKG.

A couple of years ago, CX was even cheaper. You might get good deals still through travel agents in BKK.

Unfortunately, some of the carriers that kept J fares low on this route have withdrawn from service. For example, three years ago, you could get BKK-SIN-vv on Swiss for under $400. Alas, Swiss has dropped the route.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There were many EU airline whole fly to SE Asia and due to the load, flying to BKK and SIN using the same equipment made sense.

The cheap BKK/SIN fare was probably not making their local alliance members happy.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
TG does run fare sales from time to time. CX also has decent fares, though in my experience you only get a deal if you buy roundtrip. For example, I've seen one-ways at around $500 BKK-SIN in J, but throw in the return SIN-BKK and the fare only goes up to about $630. CX runs both ways around mid-day, the middle segment of overlapping triangle routes HKG-SIN-BKK-HKG and HKG-BKK-SIN-HKG.

A couple of years ago, CX was even cheaper. You might get good deals still through travel agents in BKK.

Unfortunately, some of the carriers that kept J fares low on this route have withdrawn from service. For example, three years ago, you could get BKK-SIN-vv on Swiss for under $400. Alas, Swiss has dropped the route.
Oh yeah, that one was brilliant. I think it was 2007 or 2008 when I grabbed BKK-SIN segment one-way in LX C for about US$300. Nice plane and great food/service on that route. I cried when it got dropped.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
here are some one-way fares to give you an idea

[KVS Availability Tool 6.2.0/Platinum - Galileo: Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Intl TH [VTBS]
SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
O/W  11 Mar 2012 | Business

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------------------
BI         BKK     SIN       442   USD                  360  COWBKK
MH         BKK     SIN       497   USD                       DBZOWTH
MH         BKK     SIN       564   USD                       CBZOWTH
SQ         BKK     SIN       612   USD                       COWPTH
MH         BKK     SIN       616   USD                       JBZOWTH
TG         BKK     SIN       662   USD                  360  COWTG
8M         BKK     SIN       662   USD                       C
YY         BKK     SIN       662   USD                       C
SQ         BKK     SIN       680   USD                       ZOWPTH
CX         BKK     SIN       709   USD                  360  JOW
KA         BKK     SIN       709   USD                  360  JOW
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to leave Singapore out of my trip and go to Hong Kong instead.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
For the record try RJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.