Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sim card with asia roaming?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Sim card with asia roaming?

Anyone know if I can buy a pre-paid sim card in Singapore that I can use in Malaysia, Thailand and Laos - rather than buying one every time I cross a border?

chefdg1
Old Jan 30, 2010, 3:34 pm

Global roaming

Originally Posted by chefdg1
Anyone know if I can buy a pre-paid sim card in Singapore that I can use in Malaysia, Thailand and Laos - rather than buying one every time I cross a border?

chefdg1
If you have time it's better that you arrange for a global roaming SIM now before you go on your trip. You can go with Telestial http://telestial.com at a substantial markup or you can check out several of the other international prepaid SIMs at prepaidgsm.net http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/international.html
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
I know that the M1 cards offer roaming in at least Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, but the prices are extremely high per minute. SMS is a little better.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
However you do it you will always be paying substantially more than buying a local prepaid SIM in each country. Remember that when roaming you pay for inbound calls as well as outbound even in countries where inbound is normally free. Remember also that once you are roaming on a prepaid card it may be difficult or impossible to add any more credit until you return to the home network.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Grazie, everybody. I think you've just confirmed my thinking. I'll buy local - at each stop.

ringrazie - chefdg1
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Kris Flyer
Singtel "Hi!" prepaid sim card offers roaming (with minimim balance req.) and can be refilled while roaming (if you purchased a refill card in advance)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.