Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Bintan Ferry to Changi Airport: How many hours to transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

I am taking the ferry Bintan-to-Singapore and then flying out from Singapore airport. Arriving into Singapore by ferry on a Friday afteroon. Should I schedule 4:30 hours or 2:10 hours between scheduled ferry arrival time and flight departure time? I realize the taxi distance is short, so my question is about possible delays due to bad weather and/or immigration formalities upon arrival by ferry.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:21 am

You're taking Bintan Resort Ferries, I presume? All bets are off if the weather is so bad that they start cancelling, and we are in the monsoon season, so you'll want a Plan B if you miss your flight. That said, BRF is usually pretty punctual and TFMT is reasonably efficient, although joining the scrum to exit the boat first on arrival won't hurt. Taxis can also be in short supply, so you'll probably want to call one (numbers are posted at the taxi stand).
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
Beware of the time change between Indonesia and Singapore too. It is almost impossible to make early morning flights from Changi while arriving on the ferry from Indonesia as the ferries just don't leave early enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.