Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Any solution to website booking probelm- can't book from HKT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:59 am
Original Poster

So SQ sent me an email advising of their new sale fares. When I go to book a flight, I don't see HKT as an option for starting out, but just BKK(link only available for booking Economy Class). I then tried to book a biz class seat from their "promotions page" http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...theworld_D.jsp and there is no link to bookings at all on that page.

To compound my confusion, I see this blurb on the top of the promotions page " From now to 30 June 2009, passengers can take advantage of exceptional all-in fares to 80 destinations on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir from Bangkok, Phuket and Chiangmai". HOWEVER looking at the T&C at the bottom of the page, HKT is not mentioned at all as one of the silkair destinations that this ticket is good for. This is a serious contradiction.

So not only can I not book from HKT, I don't even see a link for booking biz class via this promotion.

Anyone have a solution to this problem as calling local SQ usually results in frustration and disinformation.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:20 am

Let me guess. You didn't scroll all the way down to check?

HKT is listed under "Silkair Departure City"
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Here is what the website says
"(Except SilkAir Destinations: Kuala Lumper, Mataram,Balikpapan, Manado, Medan, Penang, Palembang, Solo City, Surabaya, Cebu, Davao, Danang, Chongqing, Chengdu, Kunming, Shenzhen,Xiamen, Coimbatore,Hyderabad)"

I don't see HKT mentioned in the above silk air destinations at all.

Besides that little fact, there is still no way to book from HKT on the SQ site.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phuket_jeff
.....I then tried to book a biz class seat from their "promotions page" http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...theworld_D.jsp and there is no link to bookings at all on that page....
How did you get this link from promotional page? I cannot find it. Although your link worked.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK
How did you get this link from promotional page? I cannot find it. Although your link worked.
From the page linked from the email http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...theworld_V.jsp, just click on business class deals

Now if I could only figure out how to book from there
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phuket_jeff
From the page linked from the email http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...theworld_V.jsp, just click on business class deals ....
I know. The link works, as I said. But I cannot find the sales page by going to www.singaporeair.com and select Thailand. What I am looking for is similar sales from other SE Asian countries. Those D fares are not listed in GDS.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 15, 2009 at 11:32 pm
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:31 am
Original Poster

I know. The link works, as I said. But I cannot find the sales page by going to www.singaporeair.com and select Thailand. What I am looking for is similar sales from other SE Asian countries. Those D fares are not listed in GDS.
As I mentioned it was from an email sent to me from SQ with a link . I also subscribe to emails from them from the US and they sent out one a few days before the Thailand promotion to US customers. Maybe your country is coming soon .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.