Wiki Posts
Search

My flight to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
My flight to Singapore

Just a quick question I will be flying from LAX to Sin May 23. It shows flight SQ37 dept @ 21:15. Aircraft 345. Can anyone let me know on the type of plane this is. I am booked in Business class. Thanks. I have the option to fly out of San Fran also.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
345 = Airbus A340-500.

There is a SFO-SIN flight, SQ15, stops in ICN, but is operated by the 77W (Boeing 777-300ER) which has the new Business Class seats as well as first class. I would prefer this flight over the LAX-SIN nonstop all else being equal.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP will be getting the Spacebed product for his/her flight. With the 773ER taken out of SQ28/27, only SFO (and then IAH next month) have the new products among the NA routes.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
The OP will have a fine flight on SQ 37. This is a long journey and SQ 37 is the non stop, saving several hours of travel time, additional lines and security inspections at a connecting airport. The spacebed can be adjusted so that is comfortable for sleeping.

The OP can board the aircraft and escape the chaos that is TBIT, have a nice meal or consider a book the cook option, sleep, eat some more, watch a movie or 2 and arrive in SIN in the morning, relatively refreshed and ready for a full day of activity.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed. While the OP will not be in the new business, the spacebed on the 345 is still a fine seat to be in for 16-17 hours. He/she will still be getting the typical SQ J meals which beats most J meals on other carriers anyways and SQ's IFE is IMO still the best there is out there.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
As it turns out the SFO to SING is sold out. SO it's LAX to SING..Thanks for all your input. Sooo looking forward to it. One more thing what's their entertainment system, and food like on that flight??
Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:24 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
IFE on the A345 is KrisWorld Wiseman 3000, I believe, which is the fully on-demand system with 60+ movies and all kinds of other stuff. State of the art, though some argue that EK's system is better.

You can find menus for most flights in the Business Class menu thead, but the nonstops are not there for some reason. Here is a similar thread on sqtalk, which has three menus for LAX-SIN.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Feb 15, 2008 at 6:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.