Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Checking Bags Through to Final Destination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K

If I were to book an F ticket PVG-NRT-LAX-NRT-PVG, I would like to be able to stopover in NRT in the way home but I have not seen any fare on SQ that allows me to do that. Would SQ require me to check my bags all the way through to my final destination on the return so that I could spend time in NRT and buy a separate connection or would they force me to travel to PVG?

Thanks in advance!

(Also, if anyone knows any fare that would allow a stopover, that would be helpful. Right now, expedia is pricing out at 6,000 dollars for F roundtrip)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried using the multi-city function? If you are stopping at a destination somewhere in between for several days they can check you bags to that destination without problem.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I have been able to check my bags to SIN ,even though the final destination was somewhere else.
My ticket was BNE-SIN-MNL and i was flying back the next day with a stop over in SIN,
so i wanted to leave my surfboard bag at the left luggage in Changi.
The agent said as long as i had enough time to collect the bag , clear customs and go back and forth thru immigration to get to my next flight , they could do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.