Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Ex-LHR in Dec 08 - should I expect promotional fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Singapore/Malaysia in Dec 20 2008, flying in Y. I wonder will there be any promotional fares during that period that I should wait for them before booking, or would you suggest I not wait and book as early as possible?

From my rather infrequent visits to www.singaporeair.com in the past, I recall no such promotions (it always seem to be one of their blackout periods) - but wonder if anybody knew of something to the contrary.

Thanks!

P/s: I know I can't book flights on that date yet as it's more than 350days in advance, but just doing some forward planning.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Just before christmas - no chance of promos. Very busy with lots of antipodeans in europe travelling home that time of year.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those are the busiest travel period of the year. Even busier than summer travel. Very seldomly if ever they have promotional cheap fares.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
This is the peak time of year for travel to South East Asia & Australia. By then, SQ may have one or two daily flights with the A380 on it & it's assosiated surcharged. The remaining flights will fill up anyway. Prices rocket up that time of year.

If you want to fly cheap to South East Asia around that time, I'd suggest Oasis Hong Kong Airlines. They fly daily (now 10x weekly) between London/Gatwick & Hong Kong with shockingly low fares (£109 one way inc. taxes!!), full service (except drinks & snacks) & individual IFE (18ish channels not AVOD). ALL their flights include some low fares. For the connection, Air Asia or another low cost carrier would suit. Air Asia is also planning to launch an intercontinenal offshoot than plans to fly between Manchester/London Stansted & Kuala Lumpar with similarly low fares, although with no-frills service. You pay for everything onboard

Here are their websites;
http://www.oasishongkong.com/gb/en/home.aspx
http://airasia.com/site/au/en/home.jsp Australian website; only English one I could find

hope this helps
Old Jan 5, 2008, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies, they're really helpful.

Flyboy777: I'll have a look into your routing ideas, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.