Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Transit - SQ to Thai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Hong Kong Transit - SQ to Thai

I am arriving on SQ1 next week in Hong Kong and connecting to Thai to Bangkok and have 1 hour and 5 mins to connect.......How is the transit in Hong Kong? Is 1 hour enough time? Is ground assistance available?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
That's lots of time if you have your TG boarding pass. Can be tight if you don't especially if headwinds push your arrival time into HKG back. There is ground assistance to greet the flight and I would enlist it if you don't have your boarding pass and your flight is late. They will get you to the right spot on time.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:52 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
yeah could be tight - SQ uses low numbered gates while TG uses high, so will take a short while just to get between gates

if you don't already have BP consider which transit desk will be quickest - the one at the base of the terminal (near SQ arrival gate) or the one where the pier splits in 2 (near TG departure gate)
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies. I will be arriving in First. Will they provide transfer via a cart? Or should I expect the long walk?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No cart. There are moving escalators, or you can take the train (if clear transfer security at the base of the terminal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.