Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tight Connection UA/SQ at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Tight Connection UA/SQ at CDG?

Hi

I was notified via UA email today that my UA943 on Oct 28 will be "delayed" by 20 mins, which means my connection at CDG for SQ333 will be tighter (1:25 hr transit). Curiously, how can they know it's "delayed"? Shldn't it be "re-timed?"

My bookings are on:

(1) Two separate tix with diff PNRs.
(2) Have called SQ to tag the two tickets (it's shown in my online electronic booking)

So here it is:

(1) what if my UA flight is delayed, not making the connection in CDG? SQ will book me on next flight?

(2) is any airline responsible for the misconnection? (I dun think so). Will one of them put me up in a hotel for a night? (I dun think so).

Answers anyone?
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1:45 on separate tickets was tight to begin with. I'd be looking at changing flights - starting with UA since they changed your schedule. Try going via FRA or ZRH.

(1) maybe but they are not obliged to
(2) nope - if you want protection you need to be on a single ticket
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:11 am

Programs: UA MM, CX Diamond, LH Senator, BA Gold, Hyatt Courtesy
1:25 should be plenty. All you have to do is change satellites then clear security one more time right before you board the SQ flight.
No passport control necessary unless you need to go get your bags and re check them in. This is key. Make sure your bags are tagged all the way through to SIN otherwise it will be really tight since baggage delivery at CDG 1 can be painfully slow. Even then, it is makable since check in baggage cut off time for SQ at CDG is 45 mins.
If you misconnect you would probably be on your own, but if your UA flight is ridiculously late, you will have a case to take up with them.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Thanks guys. My bad. It's actually a 2.25 hr transit in CDG. Miscalculated. But yes, will tag bags through to Singapore. And I fly to HKG the next day! One monumentally tired and jetlagged body coming right up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.