Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Stopover and Boarding Pass Privileges for July 07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP

I have been checking the SQ website since December to see if they had updated either the Singapore Stopover program (beyond March 2007), or the Boarding Pass Privileges for 2007. As of today, nothing yet.

Does anyone know if either of these promotions will be available in July ?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
On http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ore/index.html
There are Boarding Pass priveleges to June 2007.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'd expect the promotions to continue as they have for many years.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Since we are flying to IST and have a stopover in SIN not because we wanted to but due to flight timings we will not make the connection. My question is will SQ give us the Hotel at no charge or is the cost included in the price of the air ticket ? They gave us a lousy hotel, the Peninsula Excelsior hotel.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My question is will SQ give us the Hotel at no charge or is the cost included in the price of the air ticket ? They gave us a lousy hotel, the Peninsula Excelsior hotel.
I can't answer your question directly, but in my experience they offer a variety of hotels at discounts, but not free.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My agent advised to take the hotel as it was included in the fare. She also advised not to stay there if we did not want to. But if the cost is included in the fare which is US36 pp(albeit small), I would rather have it removed.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Feb 4, 2007 at 6:17 am
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My agent advised to take the hotel as it was included in the fare. She also advised not to stay there if we did not want to. But if the cost is included in the fare which is US36 pp, I would rather have it removed.
If you are booked from Canada to another destination via SIN, it's not really that it is included in the fare but rather a promotion that SQ will pay for your hotel if you need to spend a night due to flight schedule.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_.../freehotel.jsp

I have used it last year on our way to MNL You can ask to be moved to another hotel that is on the list if available.
Last month I was booked MNL to AKL via SIN in Raffles, SQ took care of the hotel each way. It wasn't the best but reasonable for just an overnight and I appreciated it very much that SQ paid for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.