F class out of LHR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
F class out of LHR

Due out next week.
Any tips for best seat / advance meals booking / lounge facilities?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
My twin! (only kidding, I am not in anyway connected to UK Flyer 1)

Virgin Clubhouse. Get there early...you won't want to leave.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Best seat in the house depends on how many people are traveling with you in F. I personally like Rows 3 or 4 in windows because it just seems more spacious and isolated, but then again I travel solo.
More info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4321851

Advance meal bookings would be Book the Cook ex-LHR: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...first_lond.jsp
No personal experience here.

Lounge would be Virgin Atlantic's The Clubhouse. Get there 3-4 hours early. SERIOUSLY. One of the best lounges in the world.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:57 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Talking

I've not had many opportunities to travel in F, but I'd recommend seat 2A. You get a window view and it's quite secluded, being some distance from the galley and toilets.

If you are flying LHR to SIN, there's not much point going for the BTC Singapore Chicken Rice, since you'll get much better chicken rice in Singapore. My own recommendation would be the Lobster Thermidor, if your palate and cardiologist [!] are amenable to the idea.

For lounge options, I found the Virgin Clubhouse very crowded. Although the SQ F lounge in LHR has a lesser complement of food and services, it's quieter and more tranquil.

In any case, do enjoy the flight. If you've not previously done long-haul in F, it's quite the experience!

On my part, I'm now saving up for the day when I can travel on the new giant-size F class. That might be quite some time in the future, though...
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
SQ in F

Good Tips all - thanks due.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.