Search

Colombo run - need info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2006, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K , AK, DL, TG
Colombo run - need info

Not sure where this should be posted

I have a ticket I brought online last NOV on SQ, CMB-SFO. . Brought in a rush, was not able to fly. I would like to try to change the ticket from SQ to UA for mileage reasons. Problem is I am not sure if I brought it through Expedia, Orbitz or who ?? Any idea how I can find this out and try to change ticket. Showed on my Credit Card as Singapore Airline.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
In order to provide better advice, please provide following information:
- was the ticket issued in Sri Lanka? If not UA fares will be very hard to get with that ticket now.

- what routing do you fly? I assume CMB SQ SIN SQ SFO? If you do have a flight coupon matching a "one flight number" UA flight (here UA838) you might consider asking SQ for an endorsement stamp and just try UA localy in SIN to accept this ticket. With some bad luck they might recalculate the fare, but you might be lucky that they honour it with the Endorsement. So you should keep your SQ reservation as a backup.

I tried to change from BKK CI TPE SQ LAX to BKK NRT LAX on UA. No problem to get the Endorsement from CI and SQ, but UA wanted to recalculate the fare. However TG gladly accepted my endorsed Ticket on BKK-TPE.

Thomas
Old Jul 9, 2006, 9:27 am

I believe that all of the major travel sites have a "my trips" type tab/link. Log into each site for which you have an account and look there. If the trip dates have not yet happened, they should be listed.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Since CMB is not e-ticket eligible, you must hold a paper ticket. The issuing agency is clearly printed on the paper ticket.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Originally Posted by rcs85551
Since CMB is not e-ticket eligible, you must hold a paper ticket. The issuing agency is clearly printed on the paper ticket.
Thankfully it's on the way, though. EK now does e-tickets ex-CMB, so hopefully others will follow shortly.

To the OP: look at the top left of your paper ticket for the agency name. The charge to your card will always show the validating carrier. You should be able to take the ticket to either the issuing agency or the carrier. Although some tickets are endorsed "reroute/refund only through issuing agent," in which case, you'll need to go back to the agency.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although this is semi-MR related, since it has to do specifically with an SQ ticket, I'm going to move this to the SQ forum.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.