Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

PPS sectors for LH flight number on SQ metal ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:42 am
jhm
Original Poster

I'm waitlisted on SQ325 FRA-SIN because there's currently no availability in the relevant RTW booking class.

However, there was availability for exactly the same flight under flight number LH9764 and I'm confirmed.

Will I get PPS sectors for LH9764 or do I need to continue waitlisting for SQ325 ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No PPS sectors if booked under LH code. However availability on LH code suggests reasonable chance of clearing waitlist under SQ code since I understand unused codeshare seats will revert to SQ closer to departure.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:19 pm
jhm
Original Poster

There's now no SQ C bucket(?) (but still LH C) availability on my flight so not sure if availability will open up. One suggestion has been to try to switch flight numbers at check-in but I'm not sure how that'll fly - probably not. Still, I will take the flight with or without the 5 PPS sectors - I get the Raffles experience and there's always next time for the sectors.

Will I still get the SQ metal bonus ? The website says:

Receive a 25% tier bonus on the actual number of miles flown on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Virgin Atlantic when you credit the miles to your KrisFlyer account.
Does this mean flown on SQ metal OR flown on SQ metal and a SQ flight number ?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:44 am
jhm
Original Poster

Problem sorted - there was sudden availability again for LHR-SIN so I'm now confirmed on SQ319 (PPS sectors and satay! ).
Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:59 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Congratulations for clearing the waitlist on SQ319. That should be a fun flight!

Note: This evil says, please, please, plase upgrade me to SkySuite.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by jhm
Will I still get the SQ metal bonus ? The website says:

"Receive a 25% tier bonus on the actual number of miles flown on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Virgin Atlantic when you credit the miles to your KrisFlyer account."

Does this mean flown on SQ metal OR flown on SQ metal and a SQ flight number ?
A related question from myself, do I get to earn the 25% tier bonus on a SQ-code share flight (e.g. SQ2000, FRA-ARN) operated by LH?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
The rules are inverting at the end of this month. Starting September 1st, no PPS Value will be credited for SQ flight numbers on other metal. It appears that other flight numbers on SQ metal will be credited.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by zvezda
The rules are inverting at the end of this month. Starting September 1st, no PPS Value will be credited for SQ flight numbers on other metal. It appears that other flight numbers on SQ metal will be credited.
Thanks, but my question has nothing to do with PPS Value. I am enquiring whether taking a SQ codeshare flight like SQ2000, and choosing to credit my EQM to KrisFlyer for such flights, do I get to earn the 25% tier bonus miles that is awarded to KFES, KFEG and PPS Club members? Thanks again.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No. On *A FFPs (unlike OW) the operating metal counts. So no Kris Flyer status bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.