Changing to an earlier flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2006, 11:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Changing to an earlier flight?

Hello,

I am an SQ novice.

I am arriving in SIN at 1pm off Silk Air (J) and connecting to HKG (J) at 1530.
There is a 130pm SIN-HKG I would like to try and make. Can I run to the gate, or do I need to get "listed" from a customer service center?

Marc
Old May 7, 2006, 12:06 pm
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
I think you will need to get transferred onto the new flight. You can do this in the SKL. However unless you arrive early I think you will be too late to transfer to the 1.30 HKG flight.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:15 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
AFAIK, minimum connecting times between MI and SQ is 40 - 45 minutes. Thus, if you chnage your flight SIN-HKG before departing from HKT, I believe the CRS would not accept any illegal connection.
I guess, just play by ears. If your MI flight arrives early, you can run to the nearest Transfer Desk, or SKL, to get change to the 1:30pm departure.
I don't think you can rush to the gate and get the BP there. The security usually needs the correct BP for entering that gate.
And remember, my assumption is no check-in bags.

Note:
- Spending 3 hours at SKL is not too bad though.
- I notice you pass SKL often now. Are you going for PPS qualification since you are flying J? Just curious. And welcome to the SQ forum. Hope to meet you in person one of these days in Vancouver.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGK

Note:
- Spending 3 hours at SKL is not too bad though.
- I notice you pass SKL often now. Are you going for PPS qualification since you are flying J? Just curious. And welcome to the SQ forum. Hope to meet you in person one of these days in Vancouver.
No bags at all.

SKL is NOT bad. infact I almost want to stay, but getting to HKG early would work out much better.

-This is the start of my journey to PPS. I will get 6.75 segments on this trip. I hope to join the hallowed ranks of PPS in August.

ps..live in Hong Kong now.
Old May 7, 2006, 1:00 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by mtacchi
No bags at all.

SKL is NOT bad. infact I almost want to stay, but getting to HKG early would work out much better.

-This is the start of my journey to PPS. I will get 6.75 segments on this trip. I hope to join the hallowed ranks of PPS in August.

ps..live in Hong Kong now.
Well, the best thing to do is to see whether MI flight arrives early. And see it from there. If you arrive in Gate F60, it will take a long time to reach the Transfer Desk, which means cutting it close to the 1:30pm flight.

Hope you enjoy your new place in HKG. And yes, once you are QPP, perhaps the VS CH in HKG would be another option to wait for your flight.

Note: Any chance to join us for Bali DO May 26-28? HKG-SIN-DPS is not that far.
Old May 7, 2006, 1:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGK
Hope you enjoy your new place in HKG. And yes, once you are QPP, perhaps the VS CH in HKG would be another option to wait for your flight.

Note: Any chance to join us for Bali DO May 26-28? HKG-SIN-DPS is not that far.

None. Unless you make it a Jeddah-do.. Which sounds not fun in the least.

SKL is my fav HKG lounge at the moment. I dislike the new Thai or the old UA one. The BA First one has 0 ammenities and poor food/booze.

VS CH maybe just what I need.
Old May 7, 2006, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CGK
AFAIK, minimum connecting times between MI and SQ is 40 - 45 minutes. Thus, if you chnage your flight SIN-HKG before departing from HKT, I believe the CRS would not accept any illegal connection.
I guess, just play by ears. If your MI flight arrives early, you can run to the nearest Transfer Desk, or SKL, to get change to the 1:30pm departure.
I don't think you can rush to the gate and get the BP there. The security usually needs the correct BP for entering that gate.
For some flights there is no check until you reach the gate desk. This doesn't seem to apply to longhaul flights, which have a check between gate security and gate desk. Not sure what would be the case for SIN-HKG.
Old May 7, 2006, 1:53 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
For some flights there is no check until you reach the gate desk. This doesn't seem to apply to longhaul flights, which have a check between gate security and gate desk. Not sure what would be the case for SIN-HKG.
Right I do remember now that there are some flights that there are no requirement to show BP to pass the security. I guess I must have done too many long hauls.
But wait, it may be random for short hauls as well. I do remember I have to show BP for the flight to CGK through the gate where when you arrive tou have to be rescreened.
Old May 7, 2006, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The change last year in checking passports and BPs from outside the gate entrance to after security is annoying to me. If they have 2 screening lines but only one checking passports & BPs then inevitably there is a bottle neck with lots of pax jammed into the area between gate desk and security. Gets hot and uncomfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.