Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

No access to Star Alliance Gold Lounge in KUL, SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No access to Star Alliance Gold Lounge in KUL, SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Your experience at the SKL in KUL is not unusual....they are frosty to everyone, including their own PPS members. Anyway, it's a dump...tiny, poor food and overcrowded. Better at TG.

Originally Posted by kt74
Well... I don't really like the TG lounge. It too gets crowded before TG flights, it has odd food choices (cream of chicken soup for breakfast - yum!), and is generally untidy and fraying at the edges, so I just fancied a change

Kiwi Flyer, technically, I think I qualified for entry because KUL-BKK is C&Y only, I had an F continuing boarding pass and was on an F award fare

Anyway, it wasn't to be - you won't be surprised to know that I was refused entry. What pissed me off was quite how rude the lounge matron was... The TG boarding pass is printed on MH paper out of KUL, so first she did not even read the BP, just said "no entry, use the MAS lounge". Then when she read it was TG, she said "Star Alliance to the TG lounge". When I pointed at the F BP, she said "this lounge is only for SQ F and PPS". When I showed her the rule page, printed out from the *A website, she said that *A was wrong, and that was obviously a mistake

While I totally understand that it was her right to refuse, her demeanour was that she had no intention of listening to any of my reasoning, and could I please let her get back to reading the paper (there was nobody in the lounge at the time, and no queue to get in as the SQ flight had just departed)

By comparison, when I tried at the MAS lounge, they were very polite and checked my reservation and said (rightly, IMHO) that I could only use the lounge if my original booking was on the MH codeshare. They were polite and apologetic, and offered to show me to the TG lounge ^
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by JPB
2) The VS CH is in T3 and LH leave from T2. LHR has a strict rule that you can only access departure lounges in the terminal you are departing from.
Minor correction: as international departure areas of T1 and T2 are connected, you can use lounges in T1 or T2 (unless flying domestic/Rep of Ireland)

AX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.