SYD Lounge ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairmans
SYD Lounge ?

morning all- travelling on SQ231 from SIN to SYD, on 10-Nov. Two questions:

1- Lie flat beds?
2- Arrival lounge to take shower b/f noon meeting?

thanks in advance.
meg
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:09 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
In Australia, arrivals and departures are seperated so no arrival lounge to take a shower. There are free showers in the arrivals area but you must supply your own towel and amenities.

I am not sure about the Spacebed, so I'll leave that to the gurus.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairmans
drat- perhaps i'll push meeting to 1pm and have shower at hotel.

if it helps the equipment listed for this flight is 777-200/200ER
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by meggles
drat- perhaps i'll push meeting to 1pm and have shower at hotel.

if it helps the equipment listed for this flight is 777-200/200ER

Hmm strange to see SQ231 operated by a 777-200. It usually flips seasonally between a 777-300 and a 747-400..
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:23 am

Actually, I've just checked - SQ231 on the 10th of November is operated by a 747-400. So yes, you'll get spacebeds.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: PPS Club
lie flat bed for FC yes. it is B744 skysuite. well....not sure some poster mentioning the aircraft type being B777, when i went to SYD 2 weeks ago, it was on a B744.

no arrival lounge in SYD.

morning all- travelling on SQ231 from SIN to SYD, on 10-Nov. Two questions:

1- Lie flat beds?
2- Arrival lounge to take shower b/f noon meeting?

thanks in advance.
meg
Old Oct 15, 2005, 2:08 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
morning all- travelling on SQ231 from SIN to SYD, on 10-Nov.
meg
If you happens to travel in J, you could see the menu from last August.
SQ231 menu in Aug 2005
Well, I went to sleep right away, and I had the full breakfast. Took the train to the Sheraton on the Park, and enjoyed good shower.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:08 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by CGK
If you happens to travel in J, you could see the menu from last August.
SQ231 menu in Aug 2005
Well, I went to sleep right away, and I had the full breakfast. Took the train to the Sheraton on the Park, and enjoyed good shower.
Speaking about SQ231, I had the MOST bizzare flight experience. I had been to the Rafffles clinic at the Changi transit hall, and was already very sick with high fever while waiting for my midnight SQ231 flight.

It was an empty flight and the IFS was telling me when I stepped in, "Mr. Markey, looks like you have chartered the entire F cabin tonight!". I did tell them to wake me up for Breakie (I wanted the congee badly) and declined Supper.

I knew while taxiing for take off, I already fell deep asleep. The next time I regained conscious was during descent for landing when I heard the Captain's voice on the PA.

What amazing was when I woke up I found mattress/duvet & was wondering how the hell the mattress got under me when I was already deep asleep during taxiing!! The LSS told me that after take-off, she had a hard time waking me up but after sometime, I did wake up & she had me waited on another seat while she did my bed! (I didn't remember any of this!!)

About missing breakie, she also did tried to wake me up 1 hour before landing(the Sg Boy, LSS & IFS all tried!!) but I was pretty 'dead' Gosh, wonder what did the pharmacist gave me at the Raffles Clinic!

If you want an emptier cabin, choose SQ231.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:02 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by markey
What amazing was when I woke up I found mattress/duvet & was wondering how the hell the mattress got under me when I was already deep asleep during taxiing!! The LSS told me that after take-off, she had a hard time waking me up but after sometime, I did wake up & she had me waited on another seat while she did my bed! (I didn't remember any of this!!)
LOL--funny story. I thought you were going to tell us how you had been lifted up and carried by a bevy of Singapore Girls as you slept peacefully so that they could make your bed. Well, that's my fantasy, anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by MovieMan
LOL--funny story. I thought you were going to tell us how you had been lifted up and carried by a bevy of Singapore Girls as you slept peacefully so that they could make your bed. Well, that's my fantasy, anyway.
Mmm-hmmm. How many caipirihas / Silver Kris Slings had you had, when you wrote that, MovieMan?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by jjpb3
Mmm-hmmm. How many caipirihas / Silver Kris Slings had you had, when you wrote that, MovieMan?
Whatever gave you that idea?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:00 am

Well, that's my fantasy, anyway.
I looked through the Krisflyer award charts and apparently it's not available for redemption....
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
I looked through the Krisflyer award charts and apparently it's not available for redemption....
Though that would be a helluvan effective way for KrisFlyer to get rid of the liability from unredeemed miles! I bet it would be damn popular as a redemption option.

Should this comment have gone into the Lounge thread?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by jjpb3
Should this comment have gone into the Lounge thread?
Don't think so... it's still SQ-related, right?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:47 am
OGY

Programs: SQ (TPP8)
Er... maybe the Singapore Girls learn the way nurses change the bedsheets with the patients lying on the bed? Who knows...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.