Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-PER-SIN - Is it ever a 772-ER?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CX, BA, AC, DL
SIN-PER-SIN - Is it ever a 772-ER?

I've got a Raffles booking on this route - flights SQ225 & 224 in December. I know PER flights don't usually have the new Spacebed Raffles, but do they at least sometimes?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish SQ would start specifying in their timetables and schedules in greater details regarding the type of a/c. Yes I agree that it's frustrating that you'll see a 777-200 listed on the schedules but don't know whether it is a 772 ER or not. But I guess you can always call them and ask.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by brm744
I've got a Raffles booking on this route - flights SQ225 & 224 in December. I know PER flights don't usually have the new Spacebed Raffles, but do they at least sometimes?
Thankfully, there are ways to tell, using the wonderful world of the internet

On airliners.net photo search page i plugged in a some search criteria -

1) Airport: Perth,
2) Airline: Singapore airlines,
3) Aircraft: 777,

4)and in the keywords field - I manually typed the 9V-SV* series registrations
9V-SV series planes are spacebed equipped ones.

I can tell you that 9V-SVA and SVC at least have been in perth at some stage, meaning that SOMETIMES (rarely, i suspect, due to the low number of SV series photos), you do get the Spacebed equipped planes on that route.

The other way to tell is to make a dummy booking in J and then pull up the seat map
Old Jun 28, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by shortfinals
The other way to tell is to make a dummy booking in J and then pull up the seat map
How do you do a "dummy booking" without completing payment? At least on SIA's own site, I was under the impression that you had to process payment before selecting seats.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think what he meant was do an online booking without entering your credit card details at the end and not proceeding to the final booking stage at the end. Thus, only completing certain stages of the online booking process, not the whole.

Last edited by Rejuvenated; Jun 28, 2005 at 5:22 pm
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by crazycrab955
How do you do a "dummy booking" without completing payment? At least on SIA's own site, I was under the impression that you had to process payment before selecting seats.
Correct on SQ's website. Seat selection comes after payment screen.

You can do dummy booking through, for example, www.flyaow.com/class.htm

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 28, 2005 at 7:18 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by crazycrab955
I'm not sure about SQ's own site, I use Abacus. There's a Travel Agent Implant at my office and boy does it come in handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.