Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Luggage allowance on an SQ flight - Aeroplan reward ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Got a reward ticket from CDG to SIN on SQ, issued by Aeroplan. I assume the check-in luggage allowance would be 20/30/40kg depending on class of travel. However, on the ticket itself, "2PC" was printed under "Luggage Allowance", and we often assume this to mean "2PC with each piece not weighing more than 32kg". Thoughts ?
Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:56 am
BON

Programs: UA 1K
I think you'll be restricted to 20/30/40kg allowance (+ additional elite status allowance) because you trip doesn't involves destinations in the US or Canada.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:53 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
What BON said, unless your award ticket includes a segment to/from USA. That makes your entire itinerary eligible for the piece system.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think baggage weight limit regulations are the same whether on a paid or reward ticket.
Baggage Allowance:

Free baggage allowance for all sectors, except where the ticketed itinerary involves travel to/from points in USA/Canada are:

* LFirst Class : 40 kg (88 lb)
* Raffles/ Business class : 30 kg (66 lb)
* Economy : 20 kg (44 lb) There is no free baggage allowance for infants paying 10% of the adult fare.
Baggage allowances for travel where the ticketed itinerary involves travel to/from points to USA/Canada are:
* First/ Raffles Class: Two pieces of checked baggage. Total linear dimensions each bag must not exceed 158cm (62 inches). The weight of each bag is limited to 32 kg (70 lb)
* Economy Class: Two pieces of checked baggage of which total linear dimensions together must not exceed 273cm (107 inches). Each bag must not exceed 158cm (62 inches) in dimension and weight not more than 32 kg (70 lb) each.
* Children paying 50% of the adult fare receive the adult baggage allowance.
* For infants paying 10% fare, one checked-piece is allowed. No carry-on / cabin baggage is permitted for infant.

Hand-carry

Economy class allowed 01 piece of restricted limitations cabin baggage with dimensions (length + breath + height) not exceeding 115cm in total, subject to stowability and weight not exceeding 7kgs. Garment bags and briefcases are considered as one piece of cabin bag. Garment bag thickness must not exceed 20cms when folded. First and Business class passengers may be allowed 02 pieces of cabin baggage, subject to aircraft cabin space and stowage availability. In addition to the allowable cabin baggage, other items allowed but subject to space availability are: lady coat, umbrella, laptop computer, fully collapsible baby stroller (with travelling baby), infant's food/carry basket, crutches or walking stick, small camera and a reasonable amount of reading material.
SOURCE: SQ website
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Exclamation Eticket ot Paper Ticket

Yes but you could point out that stated on the printed ticket that it says 2PC. After all it is not your mistake it is SQ or AC's. The question is do you have a paper ticket or an E ticket. If it is a printed ticket I wouldn't worry about it but if it is an eticket you dont always see all the details of the ticket so they could claim different if they wanted to be difficult. If it clearly says 2PC I would go with 2PC and keep them at or under 30KG and you should be fine.
-UFFA
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:01 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
If it clearly says 2PC I would go with 2PC and keep them at or under 30KG and you should be fine.
-UFFA
Not always work. The strict agent will follow KG rules if the pax goes CDG/SIN eventhough the tix shows 2PC. But if the pax could show that he/she arrived at CDG from North America, the agent will usually cave-in. Standing alone CDG/SIN/CDG ticket will allow you only 20/30/40 kgs check-in luggages plus *G benefit, or PPS benefit.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:30 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by rejunivated
I think baggage weight limit regulations are the same whether on a paid or reward ticket.
I have an award seat booked through bmi Diamond Club in Raffles from Brisbane - London. The paper ticket clearly shows baggage allowance of 20kg i.e. the usual economy weight limit.

Anyone any idea if this should be so?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:30 am

Brisbane - London luggage allowance on a paid ticket in Y is also 20 kg.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:47 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
But if he's travelling in Biz then that's incorrect.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I have an award seat booked through bmi Diamond Club in Raffles from Brisbane - London. The paper ticket clearly shows baggage allowance of 20kg i.e. the usual economy weight limit.

Anyone any idea if this should be so?
The ticket is incorrect. You wont have a problem with 30kg.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by UK flyer
But if he's travelling in Biz then that's incorrect.
You are right... sorry. Don't know what I was thinking about when I replied.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:42 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The ticket is incorrect. You wont have a problem with 30kg.
Excellent....10kg must be about 40 packets of Tim Tams!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.