Search

Which BTC meal would YOU choose?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2005, 6:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Which BTC meal would YOU choose?

Okay, so my big day is coming

SQ F, from SFO to SIN. I don't know whether I should request BTC, but I was wondering what YOU would choose if you were in my shoes. Here are the choices:

• 5oz rib eye steak and peppercorn sauce with grilled yellow squash, asparagus spears, baby carrots, roasted roma tomato and fried potatoes

• Chicken breast stuffed with chorizo, papaya, red onion and herbs with potato and corn hash, fresh asparagus and baby carrots

• Veal chop sauteed with wild mushroom, potatoes, bacon and fresh herbs, broccoli, baby carrots, zucchini and roasted potatoes

• Beef Bulgogi with Korean mixed vegetables and steamed rice

• Thai red curry chicken with broccoli, baby carrots, red bell peppers and pineapple fried rice

I can probably tell that there are a lot of faces

I took out the Lobster and everything else that is seafood, as I don't like it. I LOVE beef, but I am very disappointed that SQ is serving rib eye in First! I was expecting something more along the lines of a filet mignon

So which would you choose? Or should I just stick with what the onboard menu?

I looked in the menu thread for F, but didn't see anything for SFO to HKG -only HKG to SFO.

Last edited by UA 882; May 14, 2005 at 7:25 pm
Old May 14, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
It's always better to choose something from BTC. If you see something better on the normal menu, you can get that instead of your BTC choice. Maybe if the FAs are nice, you can have both entrees..
Old May 15, 2005, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by UA 882
• Beef Bulgogi with Korean mixed vegetables and steamed rice
That, because it is delicious.
Old May 15, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: Various

• Chicken breast stuffed with chorizo, papaya, red onion and herbs with potato and corn hash, fresh asparagus and baby carrots

This would be my pick...lots of good flavors, though it is a chicken breast.
Old May 15, 2005, 12:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hairpeace
That, because it is delicious.
I decided to look up what it is, and this is the description I found.

The word bulgogi is commonly translated as Korean barbecue, though it literally means "fire meat" as bul is "fire" or gogi is "meat". Beef is most often identified with bulgogi, but even pork, chicken, lamb, squid and octopus, for example, can be cooked bulgogi style as bulgogi, like barbecue, is a method of cooking.

For the most common beef bulgogi, thin slices of meat, usually tenderloin, are marinated in a sauce made of soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, sesame seeds and other seasonings, and then cooked over a charcoal grill, usually at the table. The grilled beef slices can be eaten as are or wrapped in a lettuce leaf along with slices of fresh garlic and green pepper and a dab of soybean paste, red pepper paste, or a mixture of the two, all of which are rich in vitamins, minerals and cancer-lighting substances.

In some restaurants, bulgogi is cooked on a dome-shaped p'an that is placed over a charcoal brazier or a gas range. The p'an has a trough around the edge to catch the tasty juice that cooks out of the meat so that it can be eaten with one's rice. Bulgogi can also be cooked in a regular frying pan or on an electric skillet but most connoisseurs prefer the traditional charcoal fire.

For pork and other types of bulgogi, a little red pepper paste is usually added to the marinade. This gives the bulgogi a spicy taste and aroma.

Recently, people have been finding that bulgogi is not only tasty and healthy but also very versatile. It has been adapted to today's fast foods with some sandwich chains adding bulgogi burgers to their menus and a number of well-known pizza restaurants even adopting it as one of their pizza toppings. Bulgogi is an ideal picnic food and, with some slight changes in the thickness and size of the meat pieces, it can become a tasty hors d'oeuvre or buffet item.
It does sound tasty
Old May 15, 2005, 2:02 pm

Bulgogi is so good: suffused with flavor because of the marinade,;healthy because of the method of cooking; and usually made from the softer cuts of beef. It goes so well with steamed rice and simple vegetable side dishes. If SQ does it well (and there's no reason to think otherwise), it'll add to an already fantastic F experience. ^
Old May 15, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by jjpb3
Bulgogi is so good: suffused with flavor because of the marinade,;healthy because of the method of cooking; and usually made from the softer cuts of beef. It goes so well with steamed rice and simple vegetable side dishes. If SQ does it well (and there's no reason to think otherwise), it'll add to an already fantastic F experience. ^
That does sound really good!!! Will have to consider that if it's a BTC consideration for my flight (now off to that PM which has the information in it! )
Old May 15, 2005, 6:03 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I'm yet to find an airline that does a good steak in the air. I'd go for the Chicken breast.
Old May 15, 2005, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I've just requested for the Bulgogi. I really hope it will be nice...

The cabin is completely booked (at least that is what it looks like online ) so I don't think two entrees will be allowed.
Old May 15, 2005, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I've just requested for the Bulgogi. I really hope it will be nice...

The cabin is completely booked (at least that is what it looks like online ) so I don't think two entrees will be allowed.
Be sure to let us know how the Bulgogi is!
Old May 15, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Well I have tried an SQ bulgogi but in J, ex-ICN.
It was good. ^
Old May 17, 2005, 5:48 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
With Bulgogi (and I've had it with everything, including octopus tentacles), I would be worried about how hot (spicy) it is and how much garlic is in it. If you are not meeting anyone in SIN (off the plane), then you should be fine. Otherwise, enjoy your meals and your flight...
Old May 17, 2005, 8:11 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Savage25
I'm yet to find an airline that does a good steak in the air. I'd go for the Chicken breast.
Then I recommend you try and fly eastbound across the pond on BD in C.

The have an on board chef and catering as good as anything you are likely to find up in the air ^
Old May 17, 2005, 12:29 pm

[QUOTE=UA 882I LOVE beef, but I am very disappointed that SQ is serving rib eye in First! [/QUOTE]

I must say this is quite surprising. Particularly because I am flying Raffles out of LAX in a few days and one of the options is:

Peppered fillet mignon with mustard jus, chanterelle mushrooms, fava beans and paprika red potatoes

I find it very surprising that a rib-eye would be in F instead of a filet mignon. I really wish the bulgogi option was available though!
Old May 17, 2005, 12:30 pm

Does anyone know how their beef sukiyaki is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.