Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Where do you put your PPS/Elite luggage tag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do you put your PPS/Elite luggage tag?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:41 pm
BON

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CGK
We are all aware that the newer PPS luggage tags, that are sent with the qualification package, are not durable. It's always broken into a half after once or twice attached to the check-in luggages. Just received the replacement. Still the same material from the tags, but SQ added a plastic casing. The leather casing was durable. But I think this new plastic casing will not last longer. I am grounded. So anyone has gotten the new hard plastic casing? And how is the durability performance?
My mother got it and IIRC, the plastic casing is quite thick. I think it's going to be pretty hard to break it. But I have to say, the leather covers are classier because the casing make the tags look weird.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:26 pm

If you're worried about the Tags surviving the flight, do it the way i saw this TPP do it the other day.

He had

-3 TPP tags, 1 Leather Cased Old design, 1 Leather Cased New design, and one plastic cased New design one on the SAME suitcase.

-Along with that, he had 6 (yes, 6!) Pink F tags,

-several (couldn't see under the layers) Solitaire Cardboard tags and

-maybe another 4-5 Raffles Tags.

Looked like a christmas tree if you ask me.

Oestensibly having so many tags makes you luggage arrive faster. Perhaps, even before your flight has landed.....
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Minus the casing, it doesnt need to be check-in to break. The one attached to carry-on broke many months ago.
Ditto. Broken one on my cabin bag during my past trip.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by shortfinals
If you're worried about the Tags surviving the flight, do it the way i saw this TPP do it the other day.

He had

-3 TPP tags, 1 Leather Cased Old design, 1 Leather Cased New design, and one plastic cased New design one on the SAME suitcase.

-Along with that, he had 6 (yes, 6!) Pink F tags,

-several (couldn't see under the layers) Solitaire Cardboard tags and

-maybe another 4-5 Raffles Tags…
I could understand that if he removed the Raffles tags (What do SQ baggage handlers do if a bag has F and J tags on it ? Send it out on the conveyor between F and J ) and his suitcase had three handles (one for each TPP tag).

What is the purpose from the airlines perspective of having these Elite tags ? I would presume it’s so that these frequent pax don’t use up address tag after address tag. But then again which FFers would put tags with their address on them on their luggage anyway…
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:06 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BON
My mother got it and IIRC, the plastic casing is quite thick. I think it's going to be pretty hard to break it.
The plastic casing is not helping! My SO just got back from the trip. Up to BKK, they were still okay. Then took BKK-SIN-ICN-YVR, and from two PPS tags with the clear plastic casing for two bags, one was completely broken, just a bit portion of it left.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by CGK
The plastic casing is not helping! My SO just got back from the trip. Up to BKK, they were still okay. Then took BKK-SIN-ICN-YVR, and from two PPS tags with the clear plastic casing for two bags, one was completely broken, just a bit portion of it left.
That's why I continue to use the old leather holders. That's one thing I'd appreciate they'd bring back. I'd gladly trade in my 2006 PPS diary for a couple of the old tags!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:02 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by MovieMan
That's why I continue to use the old leather holders. That's one thing I'd appreciate they'd bring back. I'd gladly trade in my 2006 PPS diary for a couple of the old tags!
I only have one old leather tag cover, and that's on my carry-on. May be will have to find a differnt casing.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 12:22 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Anyone else get strange looks with them taped to your forehead???
Old Dec 7, 2005, 12:42 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by infoworks
Only if I forget to remove them when walking through the metal detector.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ [TPP 20]

Amen to that! For check in's I only use the leather holders. The next two generations of lugguage tag in my experience, are only good for carry on's. If anyone from SIA reads these pages [you can bet they do] PLEASE bring back the classy and resilient leather holders...
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQveteran
Amen to that! For check in's I only use the leather holders. The next two generations of lugguage tag in my experience, are only good for carry on's..
Not even the leather ones are check-in proof IMO.
What I do now is to have my business cards laminated at SKL and place it inside the outer zipper of my check in bags.
No benefits putting the PPS tags on check in bags anyway...

Done stylishly, never.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by StarG
No benefits putting the PPS tags on check in bags anyway...
Not for priority handling, but certainly to help identify the bag.

What's the additional benefit of putting them on carry-ons?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:47 am

Done stylishly, never.
I'm going to need some pointers, StarG!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:49 am

Done stylishly, never.
Done while protected by your bodyguards, apparently never.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Not for priority handling, but certainly to help identify the bag.

What's the additional benefit of putting them on carry-ons?
Hmmm.... for identifying baggage, I think personalizing your bags works much better. Haven't found a creative way to do mine.

No additional benefits on putting them on carry-ons, but they don't break easily there unless you throw your cabin bags around like the baggage handler does to your check in ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.