Wiki Posts
Search

Solitaire gift

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Solitaire gift

I just requalified for PPS Solitaire (10th year). I have recieved my card but not the gift voucher that I have heard replaces the annual gift. Does anyone know the value of the gift vouchers? Also, did PPS discontinue the free magazine subscription as well? Any details on the current Solitaire requalifacation package would be usefull.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:47 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by gerritqa
Also, did PPS discontinue the free magazine subscription as well?
Hi gerritqa, and welcome to FT. I don't have all info on the perks for Solitaires, but as I recall some time ago due to cost-cutting reasons SQ moved to offer either a gift or a magazine subscription, but not both, upon PPS (re)qualification.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:13 am

solitaire members also get gift vouchers for duty-free, no magazine subscription anymore. i think, however, there are magazine subscriptions for sale in the catalog, so you can choose this as your renewal gift.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:21 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
No more free magazines subscription. You will get duty free voucher which SQ will send it directly to your address from SIN. And I have not received mine neither.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 7:33 pm

Does anybody know what the amounts of the duty-free vouchers are for the different QPPS levels? Last time I requalified I still got to select a gift from the old catalog so am curious.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:57 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by MovieMan
Does anybody know what the amounts of the duty-free vouchers are for the different QPPS levels? Last time I requalified I still got to select a gift from the old catalog so am curious.
Sorry can't direct you to the thread now, but please do a search about "gift".
There was a thread about the change from gift to voucher. Me and several others mentioned our gift value. I got SGD380 and I am a TPP9.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 9:04 pm

Found it, thanks.

Seems as a QPP4 I'll be getting S$180... Will need to browse through the catalog on my flight tomorrow to begin thinking about what I'll be getting next February...
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:28 am

O T

Originally Posted by MovieMan
Found it, thanks.

Seems as a QPP4 I'll be getting S$180... Will need to browse through the catalog on my flight tomorrow to begin thinking about what I'll be getting next February...
No vouchers for me, since I have nowhere near the miles you guys have clocked, but I guess my purchases-to-flights ratio has been noteworthy? KrisShop has mailed me the past two inflight catalogs. Had a good chuckle about that. I suspect I'd be in the gold levels of the KrisShop Valued Shopper Programme, were one to exist.

Last edited by jjpb3; Nov 29, 2004 at 6:43 am
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jjpb3
No vouchers for me, since I have nowhere near the miles you guys have clocked, but I guess my purchases-to-flights ratio has been noteworthy? KrisShop has mailed me the past two inflight catalogs. Had a good chuckle about that. I suspect I'd be in the gold levels of the KrisShop Valued Shopper Programme, were one to exist.
Sounds like you should do a PPS mileage run just for the 10% discount you'll get from KrisShop.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by jjpb3
^
Did you get a bunch of SkySuites or something?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by StarG
^
Did you get a bunch of SkySuites or something?
Hadn't thought of that! I'll have a feng shui expert look into where I might be able to squeeze them in my flat.

Last edited by jjpb3; Nov 29, 2004 at 7:35 am
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:37 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I wish I had two SkySuites at home. They are really comfortable for reading, watching TV, etc.

Now if I knew where I could buy them...?
Too expensive I suppose. What do they cost ? Rough guesses welcome, although I admit it is off topic.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I wish I had two SkySuites at home. They are really comfortable for reading, watching TV, etc.

Now if I knew where I could buy them...?
Too expensive I suppose. What do they cost ? Rough guesses welcome, although I admit it is off topic.
My memory is failing me, but what I can recall is reading somewhere that a First Class seat on either SQ or Varig ( duh... ) costs about USD70K+.
Where you can buy them: from SQ, when they introduce a new F.

Last edited by StarG; Nov 29, 2004 at 8:49 am
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
What do they cost ? Rough guesses welcome, although I admit it is off topic.

an IFS once told me it as 1/4 mill USD each. Don't know how far it's true.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by shortfinals
an IFS once told me it as 1/4 mill USD each. Don't know how far it's true.
i'd guess 40-60k a seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.