Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Older female cabin crew in skirt and blazer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

I recently flew on SQ LAX-NRT-SIN in F.

One one of the sectors they had what I assumed to be the highest level female flight attendant in the traditional uniform in brown.

Then on another sector, there was a woman of 40 plus or so in a skirt and blazer like the male staff wears. It was a dark gray blazer more like the senior men rather than the lighter blue color of the younger guys.

Has anyone seen this before? Who was this lady? Maybe management level checking up on the crew?
Old Nov 8, 2004, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Maybe it was Bring Your Grandmother to Work Day.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Or I love my job so much let me do it one more time, I swear I will look distinguished.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I believe the most senior female FA (in-flight manager/supervisor) wears a light blue or grey Sarong but I have never seen one yet. I've seen female FAs in green (leading FA) and have also seen once an FA in red (chief stewardess). The FA in red definitely looked over 25 but she's still very much Singapore Girl material.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 6:08 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chuck1
Then on another sector, there was a woman of 40 plus or so in a skirt and blazer like the male staff wears. It was a dark gray blazer more like the senior men rather than the lighter blue color of the younger guys.

Has anyone seen this before? Who was this lady? Maybe management level checking up on the crew?
Probably what they call a "Check Trainer". Each cabin crew receives 2 or 3 flight "checks" a year.

The male check trainers wear an outfit identical to the IFS, with one minor difference, which I can't remember...but it makes it look like there are 2 IFSes on board. I guess what you saw must be the female version of that.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by Savage25
Probably what they call a "Check Trainer". Each cabin crew receives 2 or 3 flight "checks" a year.

The male check trainers wear an outfit identical to the IFS, with one minor difference, which I can't remember...but it makes it look like there are 2 IFSes on board. I guess what you saw must be the female version of that.

ONe will often see these "Check Trainers" or "Executive Inflight Supervisers" on flights. They usually wear a dark navy jacket and grey pants or skirt. They usually stay in the premium cabin and monitor service and sometimes even talk to passengers about the service on board. After they finish monitoring the service they can choose whether or not to participate. I've noticed that most of them choose not to and go to crew rest or sit on the jump seat.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:35 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
We had one such female trainer in the inaugural SQ20.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:55 pm

Programs: some
Or maybe it was just a guy with transvestite tendencies. SQ is becoming more and more liberal you know...
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

I asked one of the other cabin crew members.

The lady in the brown traditional outfit was a female non-management inflight supervisor.

The older lady in the blazer and skirt was a inflight service manager conducting a check ride.

Are both the brown outfitted lady and the female inflight service manager rare to see as I saw both on one flight?
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:14 pm

Are both the brown outfitted lady and the female inflight service manager rare to see as I saw both on one flight?
The rank of the female FA on SQ is as follows (from highest to lowest): brown (dark red), bright red, green, blue.
There is usually only one IFS (either male or female) on each flight. The female version is the one wearing the brown kebaya, and is very rare compared to the male version. I have only seen about 10% of my flights in which cabin service was headed by a female IFS.
Training Managers or Inflight Service Managers (don't know which one is correct) are more rare to see in my experience. Since I began flying SQ, the inaugural SQ20 was the only time I saw one.

Last edited by StarG; Nov 10, 2004 at 12:27 am Reason: Misspelled
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:33 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by StarG
The rank of the female FA on SQ is as follows (from highest to lowest): brown (dark red), bright red, green, blue.
There is usually only one IFS (either male or female) on each flight. The female version is the one wearing the brown kebaya, and is very rare compared to the make version. I have only seen about 10% of my flights in which cabin service was headed by a female IFS.
Training Managers or Inflight Service Managers (don't know which one is correct) are more rare to see in my experience. Since I began flying SQ, the inaugural SQ20 was the only time I saw one.
I see them all the time...but not every flight of course
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by SQPPS
I see them all the time...but not every flight of course
You meant the IFS or the trainer?
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fliar
Or maybe it was just a guy with transvestite tendencies. SQ is becoming more and more liberal you know...

Gee Fliar I like that one a Trannie Trainee on the plane, LOL
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
If he had tranny tendencies, he wouldn't be going for a boring ol blazer and skirt. He'd be going for the pierre balmain sarong kebayas wouldn't he?
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by zvezda
Maybe it was Bring Your Grandmother to Work Day.
This is the best day of the year for this granny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.