Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Raffles on A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I would imagine that SQ would go for something along the lines of EK's new first class on their A345's, which is currently the industry leader without any question I would say.

The top deck of the A380 is the same dimension as the A340, so a similar layout could be adopted in order to retain the 1-2-1 layout, or a 1-2-1 layout could be placed on the lower deck, giving significantly more room.

Either way, I'm sure private cabins are the way forward, I would love to see these (whilst walking through to the back of the bus no doubt).

PhilH
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by PhilH
Either way, I'm sure private cabins are the way forward, I would love to see these (whilst walking through to the back of the bus no doubt).
Unfortunately, private cabins still have to clear a lot of regulatory hurdles because of saftely and security issues.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 1:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Fliar
do you happen to know if the first one is SQ?
fliar, i am not a 100% sure, but as far as i know, it looks like the sq F seats in there (from the pictures i have looked at... unfortunately never had the chance of flying SQ F ), so i would say yes it.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:34 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mhtaipei
Unfortunately, private cabins still have to clear a lot of regulatory hurdles because of saftely and security issues.
Can you elaborate on this? I mean, once a pax has cleared security and is deemed fit to enter the aircraft, why would the fact he/she were to be seated in a private cabin constitute an (additional) threat to the safety of the flight?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by synd
fliar, i am not a 100% sure, but as far as i know, it looks like the sq F seats in there (from the pictures i have looked at... unfortunately never had the chance of flying SQ F ), so i would say yes it.
I am almost 100% sure the seats in the first picture are same as Swiss' F.
So I am guessing these are just mockups of what's possible.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Can you elaborate on this? I mean, once a pax has cleared security and is deemed fit to enter the aircraft, why would the fact he/she were to be seated in a private cabin constitute an (additional) threat to the safety of the flight?
US airlines wanted to save the weight of the curtains, so they convinced the feds that security theatre (giving the stupid pax a false sense of security) could be enhanced by claiming that FAs need to keep watch on the pax.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:32 am

If there was an accident, it may be take longer for pax in private cabins to get out.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:18 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper
If there was an accident, it may be take longer for pax in private cabins to get out.
when a plane goes down, there are not many things to do.... IMHO the presence of private suite instead of usuale seats don't chang significally my own security...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Nice pics... but I can't imagine them wasting that much space...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by mhtaipei
EK is flying to the US with their pseudo suite - I would think that if anyone was concerned about these issues with would be the security nuts at the TSA
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Nice pics... but I can't imagine them wasting that much space...
Agreed. The fares necessary to pay for all that empty space would be even more astronomical than they are today.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:17 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Nice photos but I knew something was up when there wasn't a single SQ logo on the seats. I doubt that stingy an picky SQ would be spurging on this much space... having said that SQ is increasing its codeshare with the same Virgin airline that's bringing you make out seats in J!

Originally Posted by B Watson
EK is flying to the US with their pseudo suite - I would think that if anyone was concerned about these issues with would be the security nuts at the TSA
How are those EK suites doing?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper
If real evacuations, there are so few passengers in First relative to the doors available, that they sometimes evacuate with their carryons in a very orderly manner while back in Economy all hell is breaking loose.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 4:10 am
skye

Completely agreed.

Originally Posted by zvezda
If real evacuations, there are so few passengers in First relative to the doors available, that they sometimes evacuate with their carryons in a very orderly manner while back in Economy all hell is breaking loose.
Yes, I concur. And the FAs would rush to get all First passengers out first. Simply because of the ratio of cabin crew and passengers!

Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:36 am

Programs: PPS Club
the safety here refers more towards safety of lives rather than safety of security. the Aviation Authority, in this case the CAAS, would have to decide if the use of the private cabin might hamper the disembarkation process. note that the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requires the 50% of pax to be disembarked within 90secs in an emergency situation. in fact, Airbus is now cracking their heads over how this could be achieved for the A380s. the B744 had alredy proven itself to be able to achieve this prior to getting its airworthiness certificate.

another concern, in the event of being trapped, the survivability rate of the pax. for info, most of those who had perished in SQ006 crash in Taipei died not as a result of impact, but rather smoke inhalation as a result of being trapped within.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.