Wiki Posts
Search

F class meal from SIN-BKK 4PM 747?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

F class meal from SIN-BKK 4PM 747?

Hello All -
We're flying from SIN-BKK in F in September on the 4:00 PM flight on a 747. Can anyone give some information on how many COURSES are served on this short flight? My guess is 3 (starter/main/dessert) ? If you order the kyo-kaiseki meal with Book The Cook, can you change your mind once on the flight, or can you mix and match with the regular menu? What if you are one of only 2 people in F and you've both ordered BTC - will they still load the regular menu onto that flight? Lots of questions and a little OC, but can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:47 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
David, here is a sample menu for you.
This was from my F trip SQ66 (16:00) SIN-BKK in end June 2004.

Appetizers
Tian of king prawns and avocado tartare with chilled vine ripened tomato soup

Main courses
1) Corn-fed chicken with polenta cake, shimeji mushrooms and nouilly prat jus
2) Singapore bak kut teh (Hokkien style pork spareribs in spiced broth with fragrant steamed rice)
3) Rad Nar (Thai style rice noodles with braised lobster, prawns, scallops and leafy green)

Dessert
Warm soft center banana chocolate cake served with honey ice cream and raspberry coulis

From the bakery
Over fresh rolls (with a choice of extra virgin olive oil or butter)
Garlic bread

Hot beverages
Freshly brewed coffee
Espresso or cappuccino
Selection of tea

I don't have any facts to support this, but my guess is that they would also have some regular F meals on board even if there are only 2 pax and both had requested BTC.
Yes, people who ordered BTC can usually still get one of the regular meals if they don't like their BTC.

Last edited by StarG; Aug 6, 2004 at 12:52 am
Old Aug 6, 2004, 3:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
I was on this flight 2 days ago....the menu has changed from the one above. I don't remember the other dishes except for my red duck curry.

I have also rejected my BTC dish before and they had extra on board. And you get all the regular courses other than main if you do the BTC thing.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you for the information - now I know what to expect! We both ordered the Kyo-Kaiseki through BTC, but I hope we can still partake of the starter and dessert!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I did just that--I ordered the Kaiseki meal and then asked if I could get a few dishes off the regular menu. Of course, I was the ONLY pax in FC that day on SQ69 (BKK-SIN). I skipped the regular appetizer, and also skipped the Japanese first tray (including appetizer and small dishes), and had most of one regular main dish (a delicious Thai fish dish), and then about half of the Japanese main dish. Had fruit, then the regular dessert (but she plated and offered me both!).
Lovely flight experience in every aspect.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:52 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Does C offer a meal service on this route (SIN-BKK / BKK-SIN)?
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:45 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by John26
Does C offer a meal service on this route (SIN-BKK / BKK-SIN)?
Yes...so does Y.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
I was recently on the 1:05pm departure SIN/BKK. The starter course was marinated king scallops with baby artichoke and asparagus. The entree choices were duck curry, dim sum, a fish dish, and a grilled paninni with ham and gruyere cheese. Garlic bread/rolls. Dessert. I do not know how different the catering would be on the 4pm departure.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA GLD
It changes to a 773 in November ...

You're lucky you still get the 744. I booked this flight in November specifically for the fact that it was a 744, and I've always wanted to try out the F cabin on that airplane on SQ. With the schedule change effective 31OCT, it changes to a 773 ... ugh! Oh, well, I've never been on a 773, so it will be something new ... just not my own seat/bed/pod.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by sftrvlr
You're lucky you still get the 744. I booked this flight in November specifically for the fact that it was a 744, and I've always wanted to try out the F cabin on that airplane on SQ. With the schedule change effective 31OCT, it changes to a 773 ... ugh! Oh, well, I've never been on a 773, so it will be something new ... just not my own seat/bed/pod.
SQ64 dep 1305 is still a 744 after the schedule change...you might want to change your flight to that.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
The only flight it seems that is not on a 744 is the late one departing at 1830 SQ 68.

The menu seems similar or exactly the same to the one with the duck curry (as mentioned) and dim sum, etc when I flew on the 4th...not a large offering...

Last edited by oontiveros; Aug 10, 2004 at 8:54 pm
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by sftrvlr
The 744s that SQ operate to BKK do not all have the Suites. In fact the majority of the flights do NOT have the suites at all.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The 744s that SQ operate to BKK do not all have the Suites. In fact the majority of the flights do NOT have the suites at all.
Guy Betsy,

Unless there is last minute aircraft change, SQ60/63 and SQ66/69 are currently operated by 744s with no SpaceBeds in J, but they all have SkySuites in F now - there are only 3 of these 744s left by the way.

SQ64/67 has both the SpaceBeds and SkySuites.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I take these flights all the time and can not recall the last time it was not suites - I am on SQ66 this Sunday and will advise
Old Aug 11, 2004, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Sorry guys.. my last few flights a couple of months ago did not have the Suites. So I guess it was my bad luck !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.