Search

Laptop Power Port on A345

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2004, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ GOLD, KE million miler,Eva Gold,ROP
Laptop Power Port on A345

I saw SQ's disclaimer something like "use at your own risk."
Exactly what risk do I have when I plug in.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:39 pm

does anyone of you know what the booking class ex cmb for first is ?
is it f p or a ? i just wonder as i am lh member and if for that fare mileage is only credited to sq ffp members or for all star carriers ( had recently a bad experience on tg ) ?
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by 2millionmiler
Just a standard disclaimer just in case the in-flight AC system fries your laptop. But the chances of that happening is very slim as far as I know.

They also seem to insist (but not really enforce) that you remove your laptop battery when you use the AC power. You can find previous discussions on that subject by using search.

====================

Vivamuci: Wrong thread, perhaps?

To my knowledge, it's A for First, and D for Raffles, as you correctly stated. Mileage accrued on any Star carrier of your choice. Remember, this isn't a "special promotion" as such (where things like the TG restriction will apply), it's just normal SQ market fares ex-CMB where every ticket is seemingly 1/5th of elsewhere!
Old Jul 19, 2004, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMMGS, EK Skywards Silver, SPG Gold,
regular plug rather than EmPower??

Originally Posted by 2millionmiler
The only risk (well, oddity really) that I could think of has to do with the fact that the 345 has a direct plug in, rather than making you use empower or another system. I am not sure if this is the same in Raffle and F on the rest of the fleet, but it surprised me the first time I saw it. It also took a bit of jiggliing, because it is a outlet configuration that can apparently accept most of the global plug types - a slightly impressive piece of engineering in its own right!!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by carbonchaser
The only risk (well, oddity really) that I could think of has to do with the fact that the 345 has a direct plug in, rather than making you use empower or another system. I am not sure if this is the same in Raffle and F on the rest of the fleet, but it surprised me the first time I saw it. It also took a bit of jiggliing, because it is a outlet configuration that can apparently accept most of the global plug types - a slightly impressive piece of engineering in its own right!!
I believe that the old-style Raffles seats, as well as the First Class suites, have the EmPower plugs.

The Spacebeds all have the AC plug instead of the EmPower. No need to bring any additional adapters if your flight is Spacebed equipped.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:39 am
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by stargold
I believe that the old-style Raffles seats, as well as the First Class suites, have the EmPower plugs.
Almost all of the First suites now have standard plugs - in fact, I have not been on an empower equiped flight in several months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.