Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ21, EWR-SIN, 19 hours? In the Air? Nonstop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite

I've always flown from the west cost when flying to SE Asia. I was looking at flights today and noticed that Singapore Air has a flight from Newark to Singapore. It appears that this flight actually flies east from New York and is nonstop all the way to Singapore. Depending upon where I look, the actual flight time is either 18hr 55mn or 19hr 55mn. I didn't think there were commercial aircraft that could stay aloft that long on a single tank of fuel. Is this flight truly nonstop, or do they stop somewhere to pick up a little more petro?
Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Welcome to the SQ Forum.. Please look at the other threads for SIN-EWR-SIN and SIN-LAX-SIN

These flights are indeed nonstop on an Airbus A340-500 which is designed for this long haul service. The number of seats are reduced in Economy providing for 117 seats and 64 raffles (business seats). The economy seats are more spacious than other SQ aircraft.

To be applicable to your travel, there is nonstop service from LAX-SIN (and SIN-LAX) nonstop with the same A340-500 aircraft preventing the need to stop in Taipei , Tokyo , Hong Kong or Seoul.

(See: http://img.singaporeair.com/images/e...s/A345-500.gif )

Also some pictures of one of the aircraft: http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

Last edited by NickP 1K; Jul 2, 2004 at 10:55 pm
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
Thanks. I'm thinking (read: hoping) to head to SE Asia on a reward trip next summer using Delta miles. We'll probably being doing it in economy, but with the roomier economy section on these planes, it sounds like they might be better than going the NRT or TPE layover route.

My guess, however, is that theres a lot less reward availability on these flights though - esp. using Delta miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.