Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Silver Kris Lounge in Taipei for arrivals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2004, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA

Does anyone out there know whether Raffles pax arriving in TPE can utilize the Silver Kris lounge showers upon arrival? I'm flying in from LAX (the flight arrives at 0600 TPE time) and it would be nice to have a shower before starting the workday.
Old May 24, 2004, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
The general SilverKris policy is that the lounges are only for departing (and connecting) passengers. I have no idea whether or not staff at TPE might grant exceptions.
Old May 25, 2004, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Do you have check in luggage?

Why is it so hard to just take the shower at the hotel that you're staying in before you go off to work?
Old May 25, 2004, 9:51 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Why is it so hard to just take the shower at the hotel that you're staying in before you go off to work?
Perhaps he's going straight to work. DOH.
Old May 25, 2004, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe

Officially, no. The Silver Kris lounge is for departure only, there is no arrival lounge in TPE.

In practice, maybe. There are a few minor hurdles you need to go through. First, departure and arrival are segregated on different floors, the arrival is on 2nd, while the departure is on 3rd. Silver Kris lounge is on 4th, accessible from departure level only. You need to follow transit and go through security before you are allow to 3rd floor. There is sign saying a boarding pass is required, however, it is loosely enforced. I am often waved through. Then, Silver Kris lounge is supposed to be for departing passengers only, I was told that they made an exception since I am a PPS member. I don't know if they just say that to anyone since the lounge is virtually empty at that time. Third, there is no exit from departure level, you need to backtrack to security check, explain to them that you actually need to exit to Taipei. They will probably just tell you to go back through the metal detector and back downstairs (arrival level). Then, you could just follow the arrival sign to immigration.

It may sound more complicated it is, but it is not bad. Terminal 2 is very under utilized. There is usually no line at all in any of those, you could go through everything, including shower, within 30 minutes.

Last edited by TerryK; May 25, 2004 at 11:54 pm Reason: grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.