Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ codeshare thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2004, 4:15 pm

SIA will drop MAdrid from 31OCT. Code-share through LH is expected.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
OP updated for new NH codeshare
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:38 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
SQ latest codeshare partner..........

Silkair to Phuket - 3 times daily from 2nd Aug.

SQ5052-5058 / MI752-758

Last edited by Jubilee777; Aug 2, 2004 at 12:07 am Reason: Info. Update
Old Oct 25, 2004, 6:21 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
New SQ codeshares on VS: LHR - BOS/IAD/MIA vv.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/engl...ases/VS-SQ.doc
Old Oct 26, 2004, 7:42 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I am just curious - do the PPS air benefits (100% excess baggage, 'upgraded' lounge access, etc.) apply to partner operated codeshare flights? Does anyone have any experience to share?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 5:13 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, SQ *G, MPC Gold, HHonours Diamond, Starwood Plat
The excess baggage and priority baggage handling and boading still are still benefits on these code share flights. The only issue is why the lounge upgrade which I do not think is possible. When I flew with TG sometime 2 months ago in Class J, I could only use their Business class lounge in BKK and bags were tagged with Business Class priority tags. But since you are a lucky PPS Solitaire member, you can always use the SQ F lounge at any stations that SQ has an SKL even if you are not flying them. I envy u

So in short, in my experience, only the lounge upgrade was not available to me even though I was SQ PPS. Hope this helps
Old Oct 26, 2004, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by pps04
... I envy u
So in short, in my experience, only the lounge upgrade was not available to me even though I was SQ PPS. Hope this helps
You are too kind...
The reason reason I wondered is in case I want to include these codeshares to my trip in the future - it would be nice to get the PPS benefits. I usually travel heavy (checked-in). After all, I want to try these other airlines (like NH, LH) and still get my PPS sectors.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 3:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25
New SQ codeshares on VS: LHR - BOS/IAD/MIA vv.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/engl...ases/VS-SQ.doc
Thanks. OP updated
Old Nov 5, 2004, 11:56 am

SIA now added 10x weekly codeshare to Yangon, operated by Silkair.

SQ5015-5018
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:00 pm

SQ expands codeshare with LH to Spain from 01DEC: 77 weekly connections between frankfurt and Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid, Malaga
Old Nov 24, 2004, 9:08 pm

AA too?

In another forum (Global Alliances, Skyteam), there was mentioning of SQ and AA?

....... Actually, SQ and AA now have new codeshares. It started very recently. The information appears on the Changi Airport flight arrivals web page at www.changiairport.com.sg. It is interesting, though, it only shows the codeshares as one way.

The flights are listed as:

AA8398 New York-JFK - sin

AA8397 lax - sin

AA8399 San Francisco - sin

If you check the Changi Airport flight arrivals web page, you will note the corresponding SQ flight numbers

Last edited by crankyusi; Nov 25, 2004 at 8:47 am
Old Nov 25, 2004, 11:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiml1126
SQ expands codeshare with LH to Spain from 01DEC: 77 weekly connections between frankfurt and Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid, Malaga
Thanks. Updated the OP.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by crankyusi
....... Actually, SQ and AA now have new codeshares. It started very recently. The information appears on the Changi Airport flight arrivals web page at www.changiairport.com.sg. It is interesting, though, it only shows the codeshares as one way.

The flights are listed as:
AA8398 New York-JFK - sin
AA8397 lax - sin
AA8399 San Francisco - sin

If you check the Changi Airport flight arrivals web page, you will note the corresponding SQ flight numbers
Im pretty sure this is a mistake. Theres no mention of this anywhere else but the changi website. SQ or AA sites don't mention it, and its not mentioned anywhere at JFK. Strangely enough, it has been on the changi site for a few weeks already.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:07 pm

AA/SQ codeshare is not on any reservation systems either.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:24 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tcswede
The longhaul ones such as SIN - FRA on LH / SIN - AKL on NZ and LHR - YYZ on AC.
These are genuine codeshares which can be booked anytime.
Can they be booked anytime?

I booked SQ1027 YYZ-LHR (operated by AC) as part of a *A RTW today. According to the SQ BKK CTO agent who did the booking, there was a traffic restriction on this route - "international connecting or stopover traffic on SQ only". She was able to book it with a 3 day stopover followed by SQ319 LHR-SIN.

I originally wanted this routing, which according to the SQ system was apparently not allowed with a booking on the codeshare:

YYZ-LHR SQ1027
LHR-MAN on BD
MAN-ZRH-SIN on SQ345

The agent looked at the rule and volunteered that she could try removing the BD sector and leaving LHR-MAN as a surface sector so that the next sector could be an international sector on SQ (nice try, I hadn't thought of that ^), but the system would not allow her to ticket under those conditions. Both the following routings were not allowed.

YYZ-LHR SQ1027
ARNK
MAN-SIN on SQ327 or MAN-ZRH-SIN on SQ345

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.