Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-FRA in raffles

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 12:51 am
Original Poster

JFK-FRA in raffles

I used my miles to go to Europe for Chrismas this year on Singapore Airlines in Raffles Class. I hope to be able to get a seat on the upper deck. Question is: What's the lounge access situation at JFK and is there an arrivals lounge with showers at FRA?

I'm soooo excited!
Old May 8, 2004, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I don't think SQ has arrival lounges anywhere. LH and UA have arrival lounges at FRA that you might be able to use depending on your FF status. If you are a member of the UA's RCC, you can use that lounge. One day membership costs $50.

There will be a lounge at JFK you can use. If SQ doesn't have their own, they will certainly have contracted with someone else to provide a lounge. I have never known SQ to not provide a lounge for departing Raffles class passengers anywhere.
Old May 8, 2004, 2:34 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by NYC_747
I used my miles to go to Europe for Chrismas this year on Singapore Airlines in Raffles Class. I hope to be able to get a seat on the upper deck. Question is: What's the lounge access situation at JFK and is there an arrivals lounge with showers at FRA?

I'm soooo excited!

hi nyc 474.....
som infos about SIA lounges....

if i'm not wrong in JFK SIA uses a contracted lounge for biz pax..... a SWISS lounge. So don't worry. You can use it as dep. lounge.
At FRA, there are UA lounge and LH lounges.... LH lounges have showers. I suppose (but i'm not sure) you can use LH lounge in in Terminal 1-B.

i suggest you to contact your SIA office.... even by mail.... usually they answer within 1 or 2 days.
Old May 11, 2004, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
when we flew 15 months ago on this route SQ used the VS lounge at JFK. The VS lounge is very nice and I doubt that they have chnaged to another airline as they are part owners in VS. IN FRA, we had access to the LH lounges, not quite an arrivals longe but do have showers and very limited food. are you connecting to another flight?
Old May 11, 2004, 11:06 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation

Dont forget to Book the Cook.... ^

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...entSite=global
Old May 11, 2004, 11:33 pm
Patron

Originally Posted by NYC_747
What's the lounge access situation at JFK and is there an arrivals lounge with showers at FRA?
At JFK, SQ flights depart and arrive at T4. SQs dedicated departure lounge is VS Clubhouse.
SQ does not offer arrival facilities at FRA. FRA Airport offers Bath & Shower facilities at T1 (departure area) for € 6,--.

Old May 13, 2004, 1:36 am

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Patron, what about using one of the LH lounges for a shower...? Wont that be an option (flyer is holding a SQ Raffles Class boarding pass)...?
Old May 13, 2004, 3:43 am

Programs: LH Senator
Originally Posted by Patron
At JFK, SQ flights depart and arrive at T4. SQs dedicated departure lounge is VS Clubhouse.
SQ does not offer arrival facilities at FRA. FRA Airport offers Bath & Shower facilities at T1 (departure area) for € 6,--.

Isn't the new VS Clubhouse only for SQ First class passengers and PPS?

Previous threads indicate that biz passengers get access to the Swiss lounge.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Patron, what about using one of the LH lounges for a shower...? Wont that be an option (flyer is holding a SQ Raffles Class boarding pass)...?
In theory, an SQ business class passenger should be able to enter the LH lounge with an SQ bp. You may have to bring your own soap and shampoo.
Old May 14, 2004, 12:54 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I took JFK-FRA two weeks ago in C. I was directed to Virgin Lounge. It was great. There is a shower facility. And the meals served in the lounge were quite good.
For FRA-JFK, SQ uses RCC. It's not worth it.
Old May 14, 2004, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
In theory, an SQ business class passenger should be able to enter the LH lounge with an SQ bp. You may have to bring your own soap and shampoo.
Last time I used a LH lounge @FRA, the staff on duty had these available if you did not have your own. I always have this in my carry on bags, along with a complete set of clothes just incase we need to overnight in some island in the middle of the ocean after a water landing...
Old May 14, 2004, 7:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
You may have to bring your own soap and shampoo.

Wow, I've never been that prepared (guess i've been lucky that I've always been given both)! Let alone carry a full set of clothes in my carry-on in case of a water landing, like gaucho!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.