Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

1hr10min layover going and 1hr55min returning. How likely is it that this will work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1hr10min layover going and 1hr55min returning. How likely is it that this will work?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Hello all- I have an upcoming HND > SIN > CDG SQ reservation with a 1h10min layover and CDG > SIN > HND with a 1hr55min one. Business class, only carry-on luggage. Do any of you have experience with these very tight connection times at SIN? Are both doable? I'm especially concerned about the return and whether we can get through customs/immigration and change terminals (if needed). I will have an elderly traveling companion and running won't be an option. Thank you in advance!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I wouldn’t consider either 1:10 and especially 1:55 “tight” connections at Changi.

if all on one ticket you definitely won’t need to clear immigration and with gate based security you don’t need to worry about being stuck in a queue at a central security point getting stressed about the connection.

Also SQ are usually very strict with gate closing - they close 10 mins before departure. And strict works both ways - if they know there are connecting passengers coming then they definitely won’t close the gates early.

Main concern is if inbound flight delayed - you may need to wait 12 hrs or so for next flight - but they would look after you.
DiamondMile and zeo219 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
+1 - assuming one ticket and on time arrival of the flights into SIN there should be absolutely no issue in making the connections. I'd even stop by the lounge for a bit which is possible in both cases in my book.

Changi airport is not FRA, CDG or LHR or such more challenging airports to connect
zeo219 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:40 am

Recently I had a delay that shortened my transit time to 36 minutes by the time the door was open. Made it from one end of Terminal 2 to the other end of Terminal 3 in time to catch the flight and this time I was in economy (and without assistance). The last time was in business, so an hour is not a short connection at Changi.
lokijuh and zeo219 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
if all on one ticket you definitely won’t need to clear immigration and with gate based security you don’t need to worry about being stuck in a queue at a central security point getting stressed about the connection.
Thank you for this information. Apologies for the newbie questions, but wanted to confirm there is no customs/immigration (we are all on one ticket) when connecting through SIN airport? and each gate has its own security baggage screening? Do liquids need to be removed at this checkpoint?

Appreciate the assistance as always!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by zeo219
Thank you for this information. Apologies for the newbie questions, but wanted to confirm there is no customs/immigration (we are all on one ticket) when connecting through SIN airport? and each gate has its own security baggage screening? Do liquids need to be removed at this checkpoint?

Appreciate the assistance as always!
Transit is simple at SIN... you just deplane, walk to your next gate, go through security check (and yes you need to remove liquid and laptop), and board the flight.

Carfield
zeo219 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Carfield
Transit is simple at SIN... you just deplane, walk to your next gate, go through security check (and yes you need to remove liquid and laptop), and board the flight.

Carfield

Whilst you have to meet liquid and gel restrictions I have not removed nor been asked to remove them from my carry on for some time. Still need to remove laptop though.
zeo219 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:15 am

1hr is extremely doable in Changi so long as your first leg arrives on time. No need to clear immigration when transiting. Changing terminals is fuss-free airside via the skytrains. Ground staff will standby and guide passengers to next flight for tight connections.
zeo219 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucloo
1hr is extremely doable in Changi so long as your first leg arrives on time. No need to clear immigration when transiting. Changing terminals is fuss-free airside via the skytrains. Ground staff will standby and guide passengers to next flight for tight connections.
Excellent, thank you!
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by lucloo
The main risk is that the first leg is delayed. I had a 1:05 layover at Changi and my first flight was delayed by around 30 minutes. A representative met me as I deplaned and reminded me that I needed to move quickly.

I made the connection (they might have held the gate open for me a little), but my checked bags did not.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.