Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Mixed class booking - trying to change 1rst seg

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC

I have a booking that I made last year JFK-FRA-SIN-stop-BKK. When I made the booking F was not available for the first segment, but after several calls and much time on the phone was able to book the mixed class Biz-F-Biz. I was told by three different reps that this was not allowed by their system. Ultimately I paid full advantage of 243k points due to the mixed itinerary. They had been insisting that this would require separate bookings totalling over 300k. Fast forward to today.

Now F has opened up for the first segment. Not surprisingly, even though I am paid as F all the way, I am being told that they cannot move me to F. They call center reps have zero ability to do anything outside of what the system shows them. It turns out they are only a middle person so you get put on hold frequently while they contact higher up support staff.

Is there any way to contact a non-call center rep that might have a bit more ability to stretch things?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Update:

I remembered that one tends to get much better service from "real" SQ agents based out of Singapore(?).

First call: last night 10am SIN time. The agent was helpful and understood what I was asking. For whatever reason he could not see the A bucket. I could see on the SQ website that there were 3 seats available for redemption. Expert Flyer confirmed that. After 30 minutes going back and forth, no go. Off to bed for me.

Second call: early this morning at 5p SIN time. Agent didn't have a clue what I wanted and went back and forth stating that this simply could not be done. Ended that call quickly.

Third call: Agent understood what I wanted, but could not see the inventory, and added that this simply could not be done even if there was inventory.

Fourth call: about 5:30 SIN time. This was it, I was ready to throw in the towel. Just. One. More. Call. I took a new tack by asking if they could see the inventory before proceeding. She quickly stated that, yes, this is availble as an advantage booking. Only then did I bring up my PNR. She instantly grasped what I wanted to do. I was a bit worried when she said that she needed to refresh her system to allow this and would need to call me back. After taking my number she said it would be a few minutes, the said goodbye. I figured that was the end. All of about a minute later she called back! She let me know that the price difference was zero and asked for my permission to proceed. "Sure", I said. She then told me this had to be coordinated with some higher ups, and put me on hold for 16 minutes. Came back and *BOOM* ticketing complete. I then logged in and selected my seats and verified that nothing else had changed. The biggest change is that I now can select lobster for dinner, where that was not available in Biz.
onlySIA likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Persistence pays off! And well done to the help line staff member who managed to figure it out for a request that is quite unusual.
Surface Interval likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.