Wiki Posts
Search

Krisflyer redemption booking reroute

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Krisflyer redemption booking reroute

Hi All,

Looking for your assistance to try and get SIA across the line to reroute my confirmed booking. At the moment I have a confirmed PER to MXP outbound flight that I would like to change to PER to BCN. I’ve been on the phone and exchange emails with SIA and these are the excuses I get.

1. Availability needs to be there for the entire PER to BCN sectors. I’m already confirmed to MXP and the same aircraft and flight number continues on to BCN after MXP (1 hour layover). There is redemption availability when I check for MXP to BCN.
2. New and existing redemption seat availability is different - really don’t get this, if there are seats available why shouldn’t they be able to be redeemed.
3. I can be waitlisted on the flight, but I have to do that online and I also need the points in my account to place the waitlist reservation. (Is there a way to waitlist without having points in your account, considering it’s against a confirmed booking?)

I would appreciate any assistance/input you can provide, as SIA has been less flexible or accomodating with my request.

Can’t even cancel my flight as the points have now expired!!

Please help??

TIA.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Just hang out for a sale on MXP-BCN and book it with cash, and ask to be through checked when you check-in.?

If you're in economy, it will be very little difference in the outlay (as you have to pay a USD $75 change fee anyway) and if in PE or business, it's a downgrade yes, but only a very short sector where service is minimal anyway.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by shyguy
Hi All,

1. Availability needs to be there for the entire PER to BCN sectors. I’m already confirmed to MXP and the same aircraft and flight number continues on to BCN after MXP (1 hour layover). There is redemption availability when I check for MXP to BCN.

TIA.
This is a known issue. for example, there is availability SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK separately but none for SIN-JFK, or SIN-MAN and MAN-IAH but not SIN-IAH.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:44 pm
THR

Originally Posted by epigram
This is a known issue. for example, there is availability SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK separately but none for SIN-JFK, or SIN-MAN and MAN-IAH but not SIN-IAH.
It’s not an “issue” as much as it’s a design feature. Married segments (or lack of) are deliberate.

Singapore extends this by treating new bookings separately from existing.

And unfortunately staff are less sympathetic to providing workarounds (if they exist anymore; less likely non those without status).
SilverChris likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by THR
Singapore extends this by treating new bookings separately from existing.
This bit is totally illogical and causes a lot of ire with KF members.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Computer says no with a bunch of robot inexperienced CSRs and a Singaporean corporate 'never deviate from the script no matter how illogical' culture = what you've seen here.
commaspace likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:30 am

SQ is just maximising their revenue. A commercial booking that is being changed from U class to A class sometimes results in a higher total fare than if you do a fresh booking.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:33 am
THR

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
This bit is totally illogical and causes a lot of ire with KF members.
I agree. It happens with paid fares too. I want to upgrade a leg of my return from LHR - can do it as a new booking but not for my existing one. And this is cash.

Very frustrating to treat existing bookings differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.