Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What headphone adapter for Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa

Due to fly a Premium Economy next month and wondering what headphone adapter I need to use my own headphones

Looking online the seats appear to have some weird three pin socket - will a standard two prong adapter work in them or do I need something else?

Thanks
blondee_yvr likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:37 am

pretty sure the third prong is for the provided headphones and is used for noise cancelling. the standard two prong will also be fine.
dajdavies likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:37 am

Standard 2 pin adaptor will be absolutely fine. The 3rd pin is generally to supply power to the airline's noise cancelling headphones.
dajdavies likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:58 am

No sir, it won't eitk

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Standard 2 pin adaptor will be absolutely fine. The 3rd pin is generally to supply power to the airline's noise cancelling headphones.
I can tell you positively that it won't work fine. It didn't on my recent round trip flight (different Airbus) on China Airlines using the standard 3.5 mm to two prong Bose adapter. I also tried a backup AliExpress adapter, different seats and the cheap in-ear 2 prong headphones which are given to economy class. Only an actual 3 prong 3.5 mm adapter works but it seems it's proprietary.
AndDee likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by blondee_yvr
I can tell you positively that it won't work fine. It didn't on my recent round trip flight (different Airbus) on China Airlines using the standard 3.5 mm to two prong Bose adapter. I also tried a backup AliExpress adapter, different seats and the cheap in-ear 2 prong headphones which are given to economy class. Only an actual 3 prong 3.5 mm adapter works but it seems it's proprietary.
🤷
So mine which are Bose too have worked on every airline I've travelled (including SQ) in Y, PE, and J but you come here to say that I'm completely wrong for an airline that isn't even SQ?
Only giving my experience with answering that question.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
🤷
So mine which are Bose too have worked on every airline I've travelled (including SQ) in Y, PE, and J but you come here to say that I'm completely wrong for an airline that isn't even SQ?
Only giving my experience with answering that question.
Sure 2 pin Bose will work in SQ PE. Did A350 in January no problem one leg in PE and one in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.