Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline / through-check baggage at MAN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Interline / through-check baggage at MAN

Hi! I’m travelling IAH-MAN on SQ and connecting to MAN-IST on TK. I’m *G. I’ll be travelling on two separate tickets bc SQ wasn’t able to book the MAN-IST flight even though united and other *A carriers could book both flights on the same itinerary.

SQ rep says they can’t transfer my bags and i have to collect my bags in Manchester and check the bags to Istanbul when I check into my TK flight.

what has been peoples experience with SQ / TK through-check bags?

Since I need to check into my TK flight separately, will I have to go through passport control to enter the UK and then exit the UK when i check into my TK flight?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
First of all, be prepared for the worst. No matter what is possible per rules it might not work out.

I am guessing this is an SQ award ticket and the first leg is on United? It would be up to United to decide if they will check your bags to IST.

The customs issue is more of an airport setup question. Might find whatever forum is most aligned with MAN and move the Q there. It has ziltch to do with SQ and I seriously doubt many SQ flyers do I-I transfers through MAN.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by missko
Hi! I’m travelling IAH-MAN on SQ and connecting to MAN-IST on TK. I’m *G. I’ll be travelling on two separate tickets bc SQ wasn’t able to book the MAN-IST flight even though united and other *A carriers could book both flights on the same itinerary.

SQ rep says they can’t transfer my bags and i have to collect my bags in Manchester and check the bags to Istanbul when I check into my TK flight.

what has been peoples experience with SQ / TK through-check bags?

Since I need to check into my TK flight separately, will I have to go through passport control to enter the UK and then exit the UK when i check into my TK flight?

Thanks!
There’s a whole thread about through-checking across separate tickets, which you’ll find useful. The short answer is yes SQ will most likely do it.

Originally Posted by exwannabe
First of all, be prepared for the worst. No matter what is possible per rules it might not work out.

I am guessing this is an SQ award ticket and the first leg is on United? It would be up to United to decide if they will check your bags to IST.

The customs issue is more of an airport setup question. Might find whatever forum is most aligned with MAN and move the Q there. It has ziltch to do with SQ and I seriously doubt many SQ flyers do I-I transfers through MAN.
I don’t think UA factors into this. OP just mentioned they’ve booked multi-carrier tickets through UA before.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi hi - thanks all! I'll post my query to the Manchester forum to see what the airport situation is like.

Correct, this issue is arising because of award travel. SQ is the first carrier. I'm traveling from IAH to IST. The TK non stop doesn't have awards seats on partner airlines and I don't have any ability to transfer points to TK. I can only flnd SQ business class award travel on SQ, and SQ says it can't ticket the MAN-IST leg. IAH-MAN-IST is available on Air Canada and United, so it's frustrating that SQ doesn't have any availability for MAN-IST.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Singapore says its policy is not to interline luggage for international to international flights unless flights are on the same ticket.

What has been people's experience with airport agents ticketing bags through to the final destination? Experience at IAH would be helpful!

Last edited by missko; Jan 22, 2024 at 12:01 pm
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
There is a whole thread dedicated to this discussion. You don’t have to look too hard to find it, it’s currently 14th thread in the list, wise to read that including the wiki at the top.
SilverChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.